News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

The CRPF "Old Phones in Movies & TV" Compilation

Started by HobieSport, November 23, 2008, 01:45:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McHeath

Ha, I noticed that as well during that episode of Bones.  My wife informs me that we are "phone geeks" of the highest order.

wds

Definitely a North Galion.  Here's a couple more pictures of mine.
Dave

gpo706

So what's the set in this mock-up? LOL
"now this should take five minutes, where's me screwdriver went now..?"

AE_Collector

I've seen that on here before, maybe in the phones in movies or on TV thread? It's a "Data Phone" isn't it? :)

It looks like an Early AE 1A in brass with the tall cradle and externally mounted dial to me.

Terry

twocvbloke

It's from Star Trek: The Next Generation episode "Phantasms", where Data is testing out a dreaming program, I showed a similar picture before (along with another)... :)

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=312.msg72312#msg72312

AE_Collector

Ah as I suspected, the old phones in movies discussion. Fasten your seatbelts, we're taking a short trip to that thread. That is a neat picture for us old phone folks isn't it!

Terry

Greg G.

Don't know what it is, but I want one!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gxz0nlRb4k&feature=relmfu
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

AE_Collector

GPO 332 (give or take)! Our UK members will confirm if I am correct or if it is some other 3xx model? I have a green one and several in black bakelite.

Terry

twocvbloke

Yep, it's an Ivory 300 series GPO phone, got to watch out when hunting for one to not mistake an ITI clone for the real thing though, they're rather low quality phones and always claim to be GPO hardware when they aren't... :)

AE_Collector

Greg G.

On a side note, if you like 30s-era settings, this one is good, plus it's hilarious!  I usually bypass British sitcoms, but Anita introduced me to this one (her parents are British).  I sometimes have to ask her to translate for me though.  Another good one (but more contemporary) is Doc Martin.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

twocvbloke

Greg G.

Funny but also kinda strange Batman spoof with a middle-aged Adam West (Batman on the old TV series).  I'll offer $20 for the Batphone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RPIcgzB3wk
- Mike Row
e

Michael Dennis

Quote from: HobieSport on November 23, 2008, 01:45:19 AM
I can't watch movies the same way anymore.....I find myself talking to the screen telling Bogart and Bacall to stand the heck more off-frame so I can see the phone better.  I'm telling you folks; it's a disease... ;D

Hi everyone, new to the forum, and rather new to phone collecting. I'm the same way about old radios in movies. In "Hold That Kiss" with Mickey Rooney, I wanted him to get away from that 1938 Zenith 7S261 console radio for a better view.

Mike

AE_Collector

Hi Mike:

You're not alone......and welcome to the Classic Rotary Telephone Forum!

Terry