News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

The CRPF "Old Phones in Movies & TV" Compilation

Started by HobieSport, November 23, 2008, 01:45:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andre_janew

I find it amazing what they could make on that show out of coconuts!

NorthernElectric

How about a couple of my favorite movie/TV ring tones?  In Like Flint and 24.

These are actually MP3 files but the forum won't let me upload them, so I have renamed them to .mpg.  If they won't play, you might have to save them then rename them (change the 'g' in the extension to a '3'), but they opened and played fine in Windows Media Payer for me after posting.
Cliff

19and41

This is what I use for my ringtone.  I don't miss calls for not hearing them!

http://www.emergencyfans.com/sounds/1claxon2.mp3
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

Fabius

Quote from: andre_janew on April 27, 2015, 07:27:07 PM
I find it amazing what they could make on that show out of coconuts!
Gilligan's Island

What's amazing is that though the Professor and the rest could build all kinds of things from coconuts, palm branches etc they couldn't fix the hole in the boat.
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

Fabius

Murdock Mysteries shown on CBC (Canadian Broadcasting) and one of my favorite shows always has lots of phones in their episodes. The show is set in Toronto 1890s - 1900s. Usually the phones are many years newer then they should be.
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

Fabius

Murdock Mysteries even has Alexander Graham Bell in a couple of episodes.
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

19and41

The film George Washington Slept here was the funniest movie of Jack Benny's.  I can't watch it with my sides aching from the superb writing and perfect comedic delivery by the cast, especially Benny.  He always joked about the dogs his films were, but he never mentioned George Washington Slept here in any of his routines.  It was too good.
— Arthur C. Clarke

tallguy58

How's this for a nice telephone sign.  From "A Double Life" with Ronald Coleman
Cheers........Bill

19and41

Most filmed and recorded movies and shows use vehicles sprayed with flattening agents to reduce the shine on their surfaces.  The glare was really bad with videotaped programs.  The Pilot episode of Danny Thomas' program when Andy Taylor was introduced to the public had him in a '58 or '59 ford squad car with the windshields removed to cut the glare.
— Arthur C. Clarke

Fabius

Forgive me if the Bat Phone has already been mentioned.
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

McHeath

Never need apologize for the Batphone!

It's a weird one eh, tall, looks like it was squeezed.  Wasn't there a phone in the Batcar as well?

Fabius

Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

19and41

Sometimes the items to be found crosses different areas of collecting.  I mentioned this film on a clock forum as it featured a clock prominently and a member there found the short film online.  It also has some nice images and close ups of period phones. Thought it would be a nice entry in this compilation, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3_hbPJ2B5I
— Arthur C. Clarke

TelePlay

Quote from: HobieSport on February 28, 2009, 03:01:02 PM
. . . Yes indeed that is Gina Lollobrigida.  You're not out of touch at all Heath.  I just couldn't find a photo of Gina with a telephone, and with Gina I always forget all about telephones.

Per the site, a stock photo from an unknown 1940s movie:

http://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-lollobrigida-gina-471927-italian-actress-half-length-unknown-movie-33482538.html

Note the padlock on the bottom of the phone. Can anyone name the phone?

NorthernElectric

I just watched the original version of The Taking of Pelham 123 tonight.  Here's a screen grab of a candlestick on a scissor mount from the film.

Cliff