News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

The CRPF "Old Phones in Movies & TV" Compilation

Started by HobieSport, November 23, 2008, 01:45:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

19and41

On Youtube, on an episode of "Racket Squad"  entitled "Babies For Sale",  the lady at the real adoption agency was using a Kellogg Redbar phone to make the last call of the program.  The things I do to bring these treasures to you.   ;D
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

Fabius

Ruth Buzzi in the 1964 production "Conversations". Looks like some type of attendant's console.

Ruth Buzzi is best know as a comedian (Laugh In) but this clip of her signing with Jerry Lee Lewis is great. She out performs Jerry Lee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmDzY4h_e4I
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

Pourme

Watching a rerun oh "American Pickers" last night, Mike and Frank totally ignored the old phones and switchboard when picking in this building.
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

Wow, look at that place. I watched one of their shows where Frank had said that "phones are a hard sell" and in another show he said the same thing about phone booths.

TelePlay

In the second photo, besides the pay phone, in the upper right there is a railroad switching signal lamp worth money and to the left of it are 3 lanterns with the far left one being all brass, another big dollar item (>$100).

I'd guess that store was asking an arm and two legs for all of the items seen otherwise they would have been gone long ago.

Pourme

There were a lot of lanterns in that place as well.
Benny

19and41

It's just as well they didn't play up phones nor lanterns.  It's tough when they raise the stakes to buy our collectibles.
— Arthur C. Clarke

Pourme

Benny

AE_Collector

Quote from: Pourme on October 14, 2017, 08:54:38 AM
Watching a rerun oh "American Pickers" last night, Mike and Frank totally ignored the old phones and switchboard when picking in this building.

The single slot payphone being a rotary version is a lot harder to find than touch call versions.

I saw an episode where they did buy a cord board and if I recall correctly it may have even been just an answering service board. Think they paid something like $500 for it so they probably still own it and now avoid most telephone stuff.

Terry

19and41

Found an old movie on YouTube, X Marks The Spot.  In it the old system of juke boxes fed by telephone from a central record library figures prominently.  In the first few minutes a principal character operates the unit, much larger than a self contained juke box.  Some systems even had small signaling stations that called and made selections.

— Arthur C. Clarke

TelePlay

Working (binge watching) my way through "Supernatural," I got to Season 5 Episode 16 titled "The Dark Side of the Moon" but not one Pink Floyd song in the episode. Hard to explain the episode so I'll just say this scene took place in Heaven, Ash's Heaven, and as the two leading characters were about to leave Ash's Heaven to go to Joshua's Heaven, they passed this beige WE 3 slot rotary pay phone hanging on the wall by the door (Ash's Heaven is the road side bar in which he worked before finding his new residence in Heaven - you have to know the show or watch it from the beginning to under stand the plot in this episode).

Seems to be a complete, as built, payphone.

Pourme

OK...I haven't watched the series....Is the program speculating that there are pay phones in heaven, or just in the lobby?
Benny

TelePlay

This is a science fiction show that like Haven has a continuing ongoing plot under or behind the subject of each episode, which are different but related to the big, underlying plot. This was the 88th episode of the series so you have to watch it on Netflix to catch up. It's a show based on the two guys who fight demons with the help of a book they got from their father and a few angels. It gets more interesting with each new episode.

I'll just say this is the first episode that takes place in heaven. Up until now, everything has taken place on earth, all over the states. It starts off with the two leading characters being killed and ending up in heaven. The writers portray heaven as not one place but a unique place for each person in heaven. These places are the place on earth which each person liked best.

In this scene, Ash was a character who lived in a roadhouse bar so when he died, his heaven turned out to be that bar with all of his high tech toys but now heaven level toys, tracking angels for example.

That roundhouse bar must have had that phone. The other episodes all used cell phones. That's why that phone caught my eye. Such a large item right between two characters. Couldn't miss it.

And at the end, the two leading characters get sent back to earth to continue the fight.

AE_Collector

Quote from: TelePlay on November 09, 2017, 07:08:06 PM
Working (binge watching) my way through "Supernatural,"

How are you enjoying the scenery in and around Vancouver?

Almost for certain that is a phone from my friend Grants collection.

Terry

TelePlay

Scenery is great. Most of the stuff Netflix makes is done in Canada and the creative people are based in Vancouver. Lost Girl was shot up there also, I think.

That very well could be Grant's in that it was filmed in 2009, that episode.