News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

The CRPF "Old Phones in Movies & TV" Compilation

Started by HobieSport, November 23, 2008, 01:45:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haf

Something for the sign guys- Streets of San Francisco with phone sign.

Haf
Telephone:
0049-030-55474418
1-415-449-4743
1-604-757-7474

Fabius

From the TV series SUPERBOY (1988 – 1992)
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

Fabius

Judy Holliday and Dean Martin in a publicity photo for the 1960 movie Bells Are Ringing.
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

Fabius

From the 1937 movie Telephone Operator. You can watch the complete movie at this web site. Great switchboard and other telephone stuff shown.

https://free-classic-movies.com/movies-03a/03a-1937-Telephone-Operator/index.php
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

Fabius

Quote from: Fabius on January 02, 2018, 09:37:25 AM
From the 1937 movie Telephone Operator. You can watch the complete movie at this web site. Great switchboard and other telephone stuff shown.

https://free-classic-movies.com/movies-03a/03a-1937-Telephone-Operator/index.php

I just watched this movie, Telephone Operator. B movie but entertaining due to the 1937 telephone equipment.
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

WEBellSystemChristian

Some shots from The Twilight Zone.
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

WEBellSystemChristian

And something for the Keyset fans among us...
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

jsowers

The first guy in Christian's post, with the speakerphone, is James Daly, father of actors Tyne and Tim Daly. The last two pictures are Howard Duff, husband of Ida Lupino.

Here are three screen shots I did of Burns and Allen yesterday. The show looked to be circa 1956 with those straight handset cords, but I looked it up and it's The Starmaker from November 4, 1957. The phone Gracie Allen is using, in the third picture, looks like one that has a matching color straight cord. Maybe it was red?

The show is on YouTube if anyone wants to see it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxvJkfPgAI8

Jonathan

19and41

The first picture in the thread appears to have Roddy McDowall in the flight coveralls, and Gorge Grizzard in the second, at the pay phone.  The Twilight Zone had no shortage of quality talent both before and behind the camera.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

Dan/Panther

I was watching, "Million Dollar Baby", last night. I caught a glimpse of what I'm sure is a 5302. I felt very unusual for a movie prop.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Haf

I suppose this was posted before and it's not a very special phone but a 302 but...

forget about the Bat Phone when there is a Dingbat Phone ;) Edith Bunker
Telephone:
0049-030-55474418
1-415-449-4743
1-604-757-7474

19and41

I don't know how to extract a pic from it, But I was watching Inspector Morse: Promised Land on YouTube, and they showed an Australian phone booth at 1.24 .54 into the program.  It looked more spacious than our booths.
— Arthur C. Clarke

Haf

Telephone:
0049-030-55474418
1-415-449-4743
1-604-757-7474

19and41

Thanks!   That was one of my favorite episodes.
— Arthur C. Clarke

paul-f

While surfing channels recently, I happened to see a monkey using a card dialer. 

After the jaw drop and double take, I checked out the movie title: Monkey Shines (1988).

So, here's a different card dialer variation to add to our wish lists -- one modified to be operated by a monkey for the benefit of his disabled "friend."

The START button doesn't move the card, but the phone dials anyway. There's a red light on the lower right to indicate "in use" and end the call. The cards look strange -- don't need sprocket holes. The set ties into an audio system (no speakerphone components noted).

The entire movie is on YouTube.
   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-2CzXEqb_I

Here's a sample...

In the fourth photo, the monkey chews through the dialer's mounting cord to disable the set.

In the last two, a 2554's modular handset cord tangled in a motorized wheelchair is strong enough to stall the chair! Don't try that with your desk phone.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line