and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

The CRPF "Old Phones in Movies & TV" Compilation

Started by HobieSport, November 23, 2008, 01:45:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McHeath

BDM

Quote from: McHeath on February 28, 2009, 01:53:13 AM
Never even heard of this movie, great poster!

Good movie. Takes place in the present (1974 I believe, when it was made). There's a scene toward the end, where the Soviet KGB agent is at a hick town bar in the middle of no where. He uses an old W.E. pay-phone with the separate receiver and solid back transmitter. It's been quite a while since I've seen it, but I remember that.
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

Steve

If you're a long way from home,
Can't sleep at night.
Grab your telephone,
Something just ain't right.

HobieSport

Gina: No telephones required.  Off topic.

McHeath

Um, this is gonna make me seem out of touch, but who is she?

BDM

Quote from: McHeath on February 28, 2009, 01:23:57 PM
Um, this is gonna make me seem out of touch, but who is she?

Gina Lollobrigida, Italian actress. She's still alive. She's one of those woman, that still looked good even in her 60s. Do an image search on Google, you'll see ;)
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

HobieSport

Thanks Brian.  Yes indeed that is Gina Lollobrigida.  You're not out of touch at all Heath.  I just couldn't find a photo of Gina with a telephone, and with Gina I always forget all about telephones.  It is one of my many weaknesses.

HobieSport

I just found this fun shot of Martin and Lewis:

McHeath

Okay, I did an image search for Gina L on Google. 

I see.

AET

Quote from: HobieSport on March 01, 2009, 08:31:10 PM
I just found this fun shot of Martin and Lewis:

Dean Martin is one of my favorite singers, and just an overall cool guy.  Love the Dean Martin show!
- Tom

McHeath

My 16 year old is a HUGE Martin and Lewis fan.  Not sure what the other 16 year olds think of that, his favorite comedy work is a couple of goofball post war standups and not any of the current funny guys/gals.

AET

Well, I was a big Dean Martin fan when I was 16, I'm 18 now.  Just bought a 3 disc set of his music too, gonna have to load that onto the computer.  Right now I'm just a bit busy listening to some good ol Waylon Jennings.
- Tom

BDM

I'm watching Ronald Reagan in mashing the Money Ring (1939) on TCM channel right now. It's loaded with all sorts of phones. W.E., A.E., even a Kellogg 925 "Ashtray" non dial white phone.
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

HobieSport

Speaking of Reagan, is he yelling into a princess phone here?

BDM

--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI