"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Fe TAp 611 Plug adapter

Started by purecovet, May 23, 2012, 01:48:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

purecovet

Hello,
I have an original, vintage (German I think, I bought it form a guy in germany, so I assume) Fe TAp 611-2a orange phone. I can not use it right now as it comes with a plug I have never seen before. I would like to be able to use it, so I am looking for a plug adapter. I have looked online but I have not seen one that looks like it would fit my phone plug. Needless to say I would like to keep everything untouched, I don't want to change the cord, or anything, I just need something to plug it into so I can connect to my Canadian phone jack. I include some pictures of the vintage plug. See if anyone can help.
Thanks.

dsk

As far as I know, this is not a standard German telephone jack, but should fit in a fixed connection box.  Usually the white and brown are the lines used on German phones. You will either need to get that special box, or just make something. If you don't want to cut it of, and crimp on a normal plug, just try to put it in a box or cabinet. Just a bare wire or one tiny cable clip should make contact when entering the holes in that plug.

dsk

LarryInMichigan

That phone definitely looks German.  A simple solution for the connector is to by a modular phone jack at the local hardware store or dollar store and connect the brown and white wires from the phone line cord to the green and red terminals inside the jack.  It does not matter which wire goes to which terminal.   Then use a short modular phone cord to run between the phone jack on your wall and the one connected to the phone line cord.

Larry