News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

5302 and G1 handset

Started by Phonesrfun, June 02, 2010, 01:13:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phonesrfun

Thank you, Paul Fassbender for the handset!

Paul recently sold me a G1 handset with the F1 transmitter element and the HA1 receiver element.  With a little cleaning up, you can all see that it came out great.  It is a wonder what a little dish soap and Armor All will do.

I once contacted Steve Hilsz looking for a "GF" handset, and he replied that he had not heard of a G handset equipped with F1/HA1 elements as a GF.  No wonder.  It is labeled as a G1, although it clearly has some differences than a "normal" G1.  The handset shell is a standard G1, but it has a couple of modifications.  The handset cord is your standard 4-conductor coiled cord.

The receiver has its own adapter cup for the HA1 element.  The transmitter has the standard cup, with the forked pronged back to hold the cord inside.  The threaded part that the cap threads onto is its own adapter.  Kind of like a thin ring threaded on the inside to go onto the standard G1 transmitter part, with outer threads to accomodate the larger cap used for the F1 element.

Both caps are slightly different than the run of the mill G1 caps, although a standard G1 receiver cap will fit.  The transmitter cap is quite different than the standard transmitter cap.

THe receiver cap is labeled "H" and the transmitter cap is labeled "F".

As you can see by the pictures, it cleaned up nicely, and it works very well.

The 5302 is one I assembled from some 302 parts, along with the handset I just mentioned, and a NOS 5302 shell I bought from another collector some time ago.

All in all, it looks real decent.

Paul, that mold cleaned right off the cord and any remaining mold on the caps cleaned right off too.

I am a happy camper.  I am not the world's greatest photographer, and black phones are hard to get any great contrast out of.

-Bill G

Dan/Panther

Bill;
Nice work, good looking phone.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

paul-f

Bill,

Nice work!

Moldy parts generally clean up better and easier than parts covered with caked on dirt and grime.  It's also a good excuse for a lower offer at the flea market.  Mold is a telephone collector's friend.  If I could just get my wife to see the logic...
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

HarrySmith

Nice job! Cool phone! Congrats! I just got a 5302 that is pretty nasty, it is in my collection pictures. I have not had time to even think about cleaning it up yet, when I do I will post before & after pictures.

Harry
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"