and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

FOR TRADE: Ex German field telephone(s) FF33 made 1940

Started by dsk, March 22, 2014, 06:08:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsk

at this thread:  http://tinyurl.com/pfqdtyf

I have 2 more so these are for trade. 
To give a value of such phones are difficult, and I really don't know what I want to trade with.  I could like to have a rotary payphone, it does not have to work, and it does not have to look better than what they did when they hang there in regular use. It does not matter if it is a single or 3 slot version. Neither do I have a telephone with fixed microphone and separate receiver, they were out here from the mid 1890ies.  Again fetteling are fun, getting it in working order etc.
If you have any other good ideas - come on.

The field telephones are as they left the Norwegian forces, painted up, newer transmitter and receiver capsules, new Norwegian phonetic alphabet.... They are ready for battle. Of-course compatible with US magneto telephones among many others.

dsk

dsk

I have got no response on this one, but cant delete it.
On the other hand, I still have the phones, for trade. They are close to barn fresh, but in working condition.
And yes, I have got my payphone, so what to trade for?
A TA312? A dial pad for the 312? a phone with the Autovon dial? or ??
dsk

HarrySmith

What kind of dial pad are you looking for? This might be a neat side piece for my collection.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

dsk

I had this one in mind, but I'm not locked to this idea.

Bill

I had a pair of these 20 or so years ago. Interesting units. Mine had no eagle or swastika, but it did have a plate riveted into the lid with a German phonetic alphabet. I put them up on eBay, got a good bid - and then knocked one of them rather gently into the side of my desk. The case shattered. If you shop them, pack them well!

Bill

dsk

I have always handled these just as field telephones, and never had had such problems, but yes at least shipping is a tough test.

I live in a not to big vilage outside Oslo, and today an my way home from job , the bus-driver asked, you are interested in old stuff??
It ended up with wisit home to him this evening, helping him and his 2 boys rigging up 2 field telephones he has. The boys just loved it.
The oldest phone was from 1937! And yes it works! 

dsk

19and41

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

dsk

Quote from: 19and41 on December 13, 2016, 09:00:31 PM
Just for fun, I did a search on Bing using the federal stock number of the keypad you were interested in.  It got me this.

http://www.armysurpluswarehouse.com/military-issue-unique-items-odds-and-ends/military-issue-touch-tone-adapter-ta-955-pt-for-ta-312-field-phone.html

Thank you, I have sent them an email, and asked if they could send to Norway. I have tried other sellers on EBAY, and they did not want to send to Norway.

dsk

dsk

19and41

I went back to their site and checked their shipping policies.  I see now that they state they only ship to the US, it's holdings and Canada.  I can only guess that  that would be the reason they didn't answer.  If you have someone here that would know the necessary customs regulations and has shipped internationally, maybe they could get and send one to you. 

http://www.armysurpluswarehouse.com/shippinganddelivery
— Arthur C. Clarke

dsk

:) I contacted them via Facebook, and now they answered, and they are positive to send to me.  ;D

dsk

19and41

— Arthur C. Clarke

dsk