News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

The niche of this forum

Started by Phonesrfun, October 27, 2009, 12:58:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bwanna

i'd have never guessed the pronunciation........ lon-yop :)
donna

AET

It's so true about the nit-picking.  I am a member of other forums where I definately feel to watch my P's and Q's, or I will be jumped on quickly.  I never feel that way here. I have said stupid things or misquoted things I've heard, and over all screwed up.  But nobody calls you out on it and it's let go.  That's the best thing about here.  It's like being home.
- Tom

Tonyrotary

I agree this forum rocks. And the reason it rocks is the people here on it. As has been mentioned no competition or nitpickink going on. People on here respect each other. I think that is the difference compared to other types of forums. I am into guns and if you go on some gun forums, people can be quite rude at times to each other. Not here though. Anyone here can feel welcome regardless of their knowledge of phones. I know little compared to some members here, yet those same members are willing to help with questions and advice.

I was proud to post my finished photo of my 302 here, knowing full well that compared to some, it may pale in comparison. Yet people congratulated me on my efforts because we share the same passion. My wife lately comments that I check this forum twice daily....lol.

Its great that we have members here from around the globe :)

Dan/Panther

I'm also into Guns, But I don't mention it often here for the reason you mentioned. Just too controversial.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

bwanna

i don't like guns, but i respect your right to have them.

when i first starting going hunting with the SO, he taught me how to shoot.  i took the gun out the first few times. i was always scared i would trip & shoot myself or something stupid. i'd never have the nerve to kill anything anyway. :'(
donna

AET

Well of course, everyone knows I am also a Gun Lover, seeing as my dad is venturing in on his 4th gun store :)
- Tom

bellsystemproperty

I too like this forum. It is pretty addictive, but everyone is helpful. It's true, since we share the same obsession we all get along well.  ;D

Dan/Panther

Quote from: bwanna on October 27, 2009, 10:03:11 PM

when i first starting going hunting with the SO, he taught me how to shoot.  i took the gun out the first few times. i was always scared i would trip & shoot myself or something stupid. i'd never have the nerve to kill anything anyway. :'(

I collect guns, and target practice, I wouldn't have a need to kill anything either. As long as McDonalds is around. Now if I had to, that would be different, don't harm my family, or my pets, and everything is O.K., Oh Yeah, Don't steal my stuff.

D/P

AET

My sentiments exactly.
Quote from: Dan/Panther on October 27, 2009, 11:45:22 PM
Quote from: bwanna on October 27, 2009, 10:03:11 PM

I collect guns, and target practice, I wouldn't have a need to kill anything either. As long as McDonalds is around. Now if I had to, that would be different, don't harm my family, or my pets, and everything is O.K., Oh Yeah, Don't steal my stuff.

D/P
- Tom

rp2813

This place is great because everybody is supportive and wants to see fellow members succeed in their efforts to preserve these fascinating pieces of vintage technological hardware.  A call for help never goes without at least a few responses, and very few problems presented here go unresolved for long, all because of the cooperative spirit.

Dennis, thanks for all you do here, and for the preservation of rotary phones everywhere.

Ralph
Ralph

Dan/Panther

Other foreums I've belonged to, the members spend more time arguing about each others answers, to get a good answer is a shot in the dark.
D/P