News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Pictures of My Telephone Collection - ETS1979

Started by ETS1979, March 11, 2010, 08:23:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paul-f

The Bell System only had a few of the variations of the plastic candlestick phone:
 http://www.paul-f.com/weDesignLine.html#Stick

ATC/DecoTel made quite a few others.  I have them in aqua and yellow.  The early ones required a subset containing the ringer and network.
 http://www.paul-f.com/we581.html

Here are a few others from my photo collection.  There are numerous versions for sports teams, universities and commercial products.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

paul-f

Also...The sets were often sold as housings only with dummy, non-functioning dials (like the Pepsi phone above).  The phone company had to be contacted to supply the internal components.  If you buy any ATC or DecoTel phone from a photo, look carefully at the dial!

Kenny C

the dial works that is the first thing I do when I pick up a telephone is to see if the dial is good or gummy.
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Jim Stettler

Quote from: Kennyc1955 on April 17, 2010, 10:25:32 PM
the dial works that is the first thing I do when I pick up a telephone is to see if the dial is good or gummy.
I always check the bottom first, then the dial. That is just me tho.
I found an AE tagged WE at a shop once. I turned it over and it had the WE BSP spec for "antique" housings stenciled in paint on the bottom. This was before april 1, so I posted a photo and called it a WE40. It is currently at the JKL Museum.

Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

AET

I need a ringer for one of these sticks if anyone wants to sell me one.  I'd appreciate it.
- Tom

Kenny C

Quote from: Jim S. on April 18, 2010, 02:56:54 AM
Quote from: Kennyc1955 on April 17, 2010, 10:25:32 PM
I always check the bottom first, then the dial. That is just me tho.
I found an AE tagged WE at a shop once. I turned it over and it had the WE BSP spec for "antique" housings stenciled in paint on the bottom. This was before april 1, so I posted a photo and called it a WE40. It is currently at the JKL Museum.

Jim

that is the second thing I do, and the third thing i do is buy it ;D ;) ;)
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

paul-f

In case I was too subtle, the dummy dial is just a hole filler for display.  It's just a few pieces of plastic that look somewhat like a dial.  The "fingerwheel" is fixed.

Here's a close-up and a few phones in school colors for your Sunday viewing pleasure.

WesternElectricBen

Amazing! Those phones are truly beautiful!
Ben