News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Aladdin Equator II

Started by 19and41, May 01, 2018, 11:11:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

19and41

While at the thrift store yesterday, I came across this heater.  I left it sit and went home to at least see if it were all there.  It seemed like a good risk, so I went back today and bought it.  I don't know how much more dirt they could've stuck to it, but the working parts look allright.  I reckon the price of $6.06 should keep things in line to start off with.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

19and41

Well, it became my afternoon project.  Got a lot of dirt and rust off'n it.

— Arthur C. Clarke

HarrySmith

WOW! Cleaned up nice! And quick too.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

19and41

Thanks.  I can find no documentation on it online.
— Arthur C. Clarke

twocvbloke

Can't say I've seen one myself, looks like a generic catalytic heater with the Aladdin name applied rather than Aladdin's own Blue Flame heaters like my two, still, for the price you can't beat it... :)

AL_as_needed

Got to love the name Equator II... not like they were implying it would get hot or anything  ::). I think it would cost more than 6$ to fuel it up, nice deal.

TWinbrook7

19and41

Thanks.  I still need to find the ignitor for it and a source for it's instructions.  It really cleaned up nicely. the top is enameled steel.  Flitz really shined it up nicely.  It ought to make a nice emergency heater.
— Arthur C. Clarke

19and41

Took out the ignitor to look for a number on it.  No number, but I found the filament intact.  I got a couple of "D" cells, a half jug of kerosene, fueled it up, installed the batteries, set it to ignite and pressed in the ignitor button.  It lit right up and began generating plenty of heat.  Not much to see, other than the violent heat waves coming from it.  It has a automatic emergency shut off.  I tripped it and it shut off smartly.  I think that would heat my garage in short order on a freezing day.
— Arthur C. Clarke