News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

wds - My Collection Pictures.

Started by wds, October 22, 2010, 05:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wds

Here's a few pictures of my collection.  I don't have near the collection the rest of you have, but here goes.  The phones are spread all over the house - and there are a few more not in the pictures.  Notice all my phones are black except the last one.  I really like the looks of the older phones in black, so I marked the end of my collection with a white WE 500.  The white one is as new as I go, but I still have many more older ones to collect. 
Dave

wds

Forgot one - in case I get lost in the night and can't find my workbench.
Dave

Doug Rose

OUTSTANDING!!!...you have some really beautiful phones. This is a collection to be very proud of. I love the lighted sign, very cool indeed....Doug
Kidphone

Dennis Markham

Nice phones, guys. I too love that lighted sign.  I have a couple of sings that have that arrow point too.  But they're not lighted.  They hung on the wall in lobby of where I worked for many years.  When they remodeled and removed the pay phone the signs were destined for the trash.  I grabbed them.  That was in about 1981.  I had no idea I'd be collecting telephones some day.

Great collections!

southernphoneman

wds

I didn't realize how long it had been since I updated those pictures.  Here's a few new pictures.

Dave

wds

And a few more.
Dave

wds

couple more...........  My backlog of phones to be cleaned, polished and put somewhere.  Working on some more shelves.
Dave

wds

And of course the phone that started this whole mess.
Dave

Doug Rose

Quote from: wds on March 27, 2013, 09:37:44 PM
Its a real nice mess, you should be very proud..Doug
Kidphone

wds

Actually I am.  Thanks.  Only a couple hundred more, then I'm done.  maybe...
Dave

paul-f

It's sobering to see a case of phonitis develop in front of our eyes.

Welcome to the asylum.

(Click to animate the photo.)
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

southernphoneman

Quote from: wds on March 27, 2013, 09:37:44 PM
yeah, we all have those phones. the phone that got me started is not my phone at all, which next week i will tell that story and post a photo of it.

AE_Collector

Yeah I lost track there, I think you have what....maybe 3 or 4 more phones than you did in the pictures from 2010?!

Terry

wds

A rough count has me at 131 phones, 30 ringer/subsets, 27 extra candlestick receivers, about a dozen mercedes, #2, #4 dials, and what seems like countless handsets and partial phones.  I think it's time to purge some of the excess parts again.   
Dave