News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Mr Bones' telephones

Started by Mr. Bones, January 20, 2013, 10:49:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Bones

QuoteI took the G1/G7set apart, to see what makes her tick...

The TX element is marked 6 19 64.

The TX cap is dated 5 68.

The phone would appear to have been in service for quite some time...
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

Mr. Bones

The (presumedly) older, (F1 handset),  G1 has no discernible date inside, but has ?R III 52 rubber-stamped on the case, above the metal-stamped G1, in red-orange.

The hookswitch is decidedly different, having contacts upon only one side...

The dial is a 6A 1-'52,

Rx element is 11 23 48

TX element is 11/45
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

Mr. Bones

Quote from: southernphoneman on March 13, 2013, 06:25:05 PM
Mr bones, I LOVE YOUR BLACK WESTERN ELECTRICS, ESPECIALLY THE 554.
Thanks for the kind compliment, southernphoneman!

As you can likely ascertain, I like the black WE's, as well! ;)

There are two different 554's pictured here,first one is 8/58 numbers match, second one is 12/61 numbers match. I have a third (10/59) numbers match 554,  yet to be photographed.

It arrived with a single page of newsprint lain over the top, and fragments of the case in the bottom. I'm still waiting 'til I'm less sore about that...might take a bit.

It was sold as a parts phone, but I didn't think that meant it would manufacture more parts on the way to my house, due to complete lack of concern on the part of the epay seller. >:(

Best regards! I would love to see your phone collection, as well! ;) They're all good, in my book! ;D
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

Mr. Bones

Here's another binner find: a brace of Comdial 2500-types, one depicted.

I do like the clear number plate, kind of cool...

Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

twocvbloke

There's two ways to describe that colour, Chocolate, or Poo, the former sounds nicer though... :D

It'd be interesting to see it's guts, I'm guessing it's the sort of 2500 with the network on the back of the dial... :D

Mr. Bones

Twocv,

Posted a few internal pics, here's some more guts for you:

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

twocvbloke

Hmm, looks like it's maintained the original style internally then, just a more modern network, a plastic-framed, but traditional, ringer and some extra appendage on the dial... :D

I'm guessing that the clear dial plate is one of them where you could attach a picture, advertisement or instructions on the back, keeping them clean while not spoiling the appearance of the phone, something could be custom-made on a computer, printed out and carefully the button holes cut out to fit... :)

AE_Collector

Very useful for phones at hotels for instruction cards etc. Even just POTS phones on PABX's as many codes were needed to operate all of the modern features available.

We used AE 80E's and had no end of custom printed faceplates for these installs. I kept a couple of examples.

Terry

Mr. Bones

Thanks to the kindness, and generosity of david@london, my collection now boasts exactly one European telephone: a 2/83 GPO 746, in Cream colour.

Here's a few pics:

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

southernphoneman

Quote from: Mr. Bones on April 07, 2013, 11:17:20 AM
     Thanks to the kindness, and generosity of david@london, my collection now boasts exactly one European telephone: a 2/83 GPO 746, in Cream colour.

Here's a few pics:

Best regards!
that is a nice phone to go with your beautiful collection. he has some(david@london)stuff as well.

Mr. Bones

Thanks to a totally unexpected quirk of fate, I was able to add a long-sought 172 backboard to my collection. I have been searching for one for quite some time....

This one is a fresh-from-the wall, as-installed 172B-3. Now I have a pattern, at long last! Yay! Stay tuned....you'll see why. ;)

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

david@london

thanks terrence...........great to see those pics !

i'm presuming you'll put in a new line cord, or is there is there a uk/usa adaptor ?

Mr. Bones

Quote from: david@london on April 13, 2013, 05:49:32 AM
thanks terrence...........great to see those pics !

i'm presuming you'll put in a new line cord, or is there is there a uk/usa adaptor ?

Hullo David!

I've been researching a bit, to determine the answer to that question. It sounds like, perhaps, my best bet is to get a UK 'master jack'. Apparently, this provided some of the circuitry for all the telephones in a residence. Still looking into it, then will source out the best solution. I'll keep you posted, and thanks, once again! ;D

Cheers, mate!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

Mr. Bones

Thanks to a tip from LarryInMichigan, I was able to (afford to) buy my first 354 8), which arrived, totally unharmed, yesterday. ;D Better yet, including shipping, (which was fast!!), it actually cost less than the Crosley replicas, minus shipping!

Many Thanks, Larry! I owe you at least one!

The 354 was advertised on ePay as a 1952, and seems to be just that:

Backplate date 5-52, below that M3. Case is stamped M3, as well, all in vermillion ink.

TX capsule 5-52, RX capsule 5-9-52, handset end cord retainer marked 52, as well. Both these reside in a F1W handset.

101B coil marked I 52.

No ringer installed, and little evidence that one ever was. I'll have to try, and scare one up.

I didn't remove the dial, or hookswitch, to look for dates.

The dial has the black dot on the numberplate, above the finger stop, like a few of my others have. It also has the Z / Operator / 0 dialplate.(150(x?) I can't re-find the topic here, despite searching, which identifies these traits...

Here are some pictures from the auction; I'll post some I just took here at home, after I edit them for size.

Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

Mr. Bones

Last two auction pics. The phone looks far brighter, shinier, etc., in person. We all know how hard it is to photograph black phones well. ::)
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus