News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

relay adjustments

Started by Babybearjs, June 29, 2019, 02:14:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

does anyone know  what the BSP is for adjusting the relays on the 200 series KTU's? I have a 212KTU and have been having issues with the wink and flash cycles. the funny thing is... when I take the cover off the unit, the relays work fine, but with it on... they stall... and the cover isin't interfering with the operations at all? I'm wondering... could air pressure be playing a factor in this issue at all?
John

Key2871

Sounds to me like the ends of the springs are hitting the cover, thus causing problems. So logic says to take off the cover instead of tring to adjust the contacts.
That's going to cause more issues than removing the cover is going to fix.
KEN

Babybearjs

it could be, but when I look at the unit the edge of the relays are shorter then the brackets the cover slide on... so what else could it be?
John

Key2871

Under stood, but if taking the cover off on the spring contacts solves the problem, there must be something hitting to create the issue to start with.
I had a 207 unit once in my first KSU, and quickly found out that trying to adjust those was a real hassle, I got got everything working and left it alone
KEN

Babybearjs

yeh, on the 212 there are the relays for all 3 lines plus the common equipment. the FA and FB relays work with the 210KTU... or by themselves if wired for it... I'm wondering if there is a BSP the explains the gapping on the relays and what the adjustment suppose to be. I'm still trying to figure out why they work fine with the cover off instead of on... both of my 212's have a dust cover and seem to have the same problem...
John

Key2871

I've not seen one. Because if there was an issue they would pull and replace. Factory set gaps are just that.
You could try using a feeler gauge to find the gaps on the other relays, then make a tool you could use to set or adjust the gap. A long time ago I had a tool that resembled plyers to adjust relays on a x bar, but those. Are long gone...
But I can't imagine trying to adjust those springs to the minute gap and actually getting them right.
That to me would be the ultimatemate of frustrating tasks.
KEN

Jim Stettler

If they work with the covers off, I would leave the covers off.
Are you sure those are the right covers? Someone may of put them on thinking they were right, but they could be the wrong covers.
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

rdelius

If the covers were plastic, they might have changed shape

HowardPgh

I don't know much about the different relays in KSUs. But if they are the ones in the rectangular cans with the plastic lids, maybe the lid fits on top in two ways, try reversing the plastic lid.
Howard

Key2871

That's a good point. But from what I remember this go on only one way, or they just won't fit.
But again these are not in cans, just open spring relays with a small cover over the very end to protect the ends.
KEN

Babybearjs

the relays in question don't have individual cans just one cover for everything. remember, its the 212KTU I'm talking about.
John