News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

eBay Customer Service Review

Started by Sargeguy, May 01, 2018, 11:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sargeguy

I have never actually had to call eBay customer service until recently.  Actually I had them call me.  I won an auction and the seller wanted to charge me packing/handling charges that were rather high and more than I was willing to pay.  I asked to cancel the item.  Instead he opened an unpaid item dispute.  When I called eBay, they told me to ignore the payment reminders, and that if the seller does not drop the claim by the deadline, I am to contact them and they will remove the unpaid buyer strike from my record.  The representative told me to consider the matter settled at this point, and that I will incur no penalty. 
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

tubaman

I've had to call eBay on two or three occasions and have always found it much easier to speak with a real person about an issue.
Finding their phone number is always a trial (certainly on the UK site) as they would much prefer you not to call them, but it's always been worth the effort for me.
:)

Dan/Panther

Over the course of the past 18 years I've accumulated over 1875 positive feedbacks and 0 negative.  Once established with a good feedback, I find that they will automatically side with the record unless of course it's a blatant violation. One time about a year ago, I had a dispute with a gentleman that had a very similar feedback record as mine. So this apparently became an uncomfortable situation for eBay. Their solution, they refunded all costs incurred by both of us and instructed me to keep the item.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson