News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Are you so addicted you dream about rotary phones?

Started by AET, March 23, 2010, 04:19:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AET

I had the weirdest dream last nite that I had a multi-line 302 and was walking around everywhere with it for some odd reason.  And when I held the handset to my ear, you could hear past conversations on it.  It was a very peculiar and kind of spooky dream.
- Tom

Greg G.

No phone dreams here.  That's all I'm going to say.  I'll quote the only good line from that horrible remake of The Day The Earth Stood Still: "It would only frighten you!" (Klaatu).
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Dan

"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Craig T

Nope, still dreaming about women and jogging (of all things).

I still do alright with the phones when I am awake though  :)

Dan/Panther

That was a great episode.
Tom;
You need to get yourself a 302, you wouldn't want to miss an important call, now would you ???
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Phonesrfun

Listening to past conversations on an old phone.....Sounds like it would have been a good idea for a Twilight Zone.  Which, by the way, just when I think I have seen every single one, the Sci-Fi channel will come up with one I haven't seen.

-Bill G

GusHerb

That was an awesome Twilight zone clip. and about the dreams I don't recall ever dreaming about any particular old phones, although I might have when I was going through rotary withdrawals years ago before I got my first rotary dial.
Listening into past conversations, that's strange. I won't put any of my phones up to my ear late at night....... I don't want to "hear" anything.
Jonathan

AET

That's funny when I told my ma about it, she said it sounded like an episode of the twilight zone.
- Tom

Dennis Markham

Tom, I think you should listen to your dreams.  Maybe there's a multi-line 302 in your future.

Seriously, I dreamed last night that I needed to go to the flea market today to look for phones.  There is one near me that meets every Tuesday.  I hadn't been since last fall and have never found a phone at this flea market.  It's very small.  I pulled into the parking lot and before I had even parked I could see  on one of the tables (out of doors) was a 302 just waiting for me.  It's  nothing spectacular but a nice 302 all from 9/1948 with a four digit dial card on the front.  So it was a good thing that I listened to my dream.

JorgeAmely

Jorge

Phonesrfun

OK, so here is a good one.

Today I was with a good friend that was visiting from out of town, and we decided to go to some antique stores in some of the towns around here.  We wound up in Pendleton, Oregon, and I was thumbing through these piles of old 1920's through 1960's National Geographic Magazines.  She said that it would be cool if I were to find one that was all about telephones.  After about ten minutes of randomly picking up issue after issue, I am at March, 1947 and there is an article with 24 photos called "Miracle Men of the Telephone".  Starting with A.G. Bell, and winding up with the Bell System's role in the development of those wonderful new inventions called Radar and television.  44 pages in all.  Needelss to say, I bought the magazine and told my friend that she was hereby dubbed as my good luck charm, and next on the list, I wanted a nice 1949 trial version 500.

Oh, and that same antique store has a 1957 black 500 with a black metal finger wheel hooked up and in service as their normal telephone.  He admitted that it was a recent addition and was not left over from way back when, but said how much he likes the old phone and how amazed he is at how well it works after all these years.

-Bill G

Jim Stettler

Over the years I have had 2 types of telephone collecting dreams. The first is the "phone show" dream. The variations on this is that I oversleep an miss the show by several hours, I forget to bring money or phones, or I take a wrong turn and end up hours away from the show. This dream also combines variations of the theme.

The second catagory Is I have the opportunity to buy lots of clear phones cheap, or proto-types, or clear proto-types.

Needles to say, the second catagory are nice dreams, the first are more of nightmares.
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

AET

I dream about phones all the time.  I'd only imagine what a shrink would say about that!
- Tom

Ampico66

Yeah, I dream that I find a super rare phone for sale at an antique store or something involving finding a rare phone. 

Greg G.

Quote from: AtomicEraTom on March 24, 2010, 03:25:06 AM
I dream about phones all the time.  I'd only imagine what a shrink would say about that!

According to an online dream dictionary, it means this:

QuoteTelephone

To see or hear a telephone in your dream, signifies a message from your unconscious or some sort of telepathic communication. You may be forced to confront issues which you have tried to avoid. Alternatively, the telephone represents your communication and relationship with others.

To dream that you do not want to answer the ringing telephone, indicates lack of communication. There is a situation or relationship that you are tying to keep at a distance.

To dream that you are having a telephone conversation with someone your know,  signifies an issue that you need to confront with that person. This issue may have to do with letting go some part of yourself.

Or it just means you hate your mother.   ;)

The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e