News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Is there an EXPERT in the house????

Started by Babybearjs, October 19, 2017, 10:21:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

well, I'm at my wits end and need to know who among you is an EXPERT in the telephone world who know about the old 1A1 key telephone system and its wiring..... I'm trying to add in 3 208A KTU's and am having a hell of a time with the connections as the existing documentation DOES NOT explain the operation theory behind these units. I have connected 1 of the units several times with mixed results and am pulling my hair out because the BSP is so vauge. (518-114-110 Pg. 13.) I discovered that terminals 17, 22, 23, and 24 have to be connected together.....(why this wasn't done at the factory is beyond me....) the "TO" circuit, Terminal #25 is suppose to go to Terminal 17, or 27A on the 212 KTU. the control leads are not clearly marked as I am seeing 2 references to a "C" connection. terminals 18, 19, and 20 and 33, 34, and 35.... (I think these are for the lamps, but not sure...) terminal 14 is suppose to go to the 207C terminal #26B only to come back on terminal 23B as the A-Lead...... so, that makes no sense. could someone PLEASE explain what this unit is suppose to do as I just down right frustrated....
John