"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Info wanted on this Spanish Wall Phone

Started by migette, October 05, 2012, 03:56:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

migette

Hi

Sorry to have been away for such a long time. I have got several more European phones to put on here, but before that a plea for help on this latest Spanish wall phone by? S.E.S.A.

The handset is like the standard US variety and the transmitter is also similar. The dial unfortunately has a broken return spring and any information on a replacement would be appreciated (let me know the cost etc), also I know the American ones can be repaired by one of our members, this being a European model could be a different kettle of fish!

I have no further information on this phone so anything on this would be useful. It appears to have been made sometime in the 50's (?) as the capacitor shows 58, when I was still at school.

See detailed photos as it does look a a very nice wall phone and is undamaged despite having been posted well wrapped in bubble wrap but not put in a box.  

Peter

dsk

Not sure, but it has many common parts with the pictures in this thread:
http://tinyurl.com/9ry6jhm

My guess: Same phone, but Spanish and wall version.

The dial may have some common parts with AE dials.

dsk

dsk

UK STC had a quite like model.
dsk

LarryInMichigan

That looks like the wall version of the "Antwerp" telephone which appeared all over the world: link.  The handset looks like the Belgian ITT (BTM) variety.

Larry

rdelius

Dial parts should be no problem .Phoneco might still have norweigen dials with the same spring.

migette

Sorry for taking time to get back to everyone, but thanks for all the comments received. I had no idea what this model was and was surprised that they were once manufactured in England, having never seen an example over here. I can remember a boot sale where I believe a similar version turned up and like an idiot I left it there to contemplate whether to buy or not and when I went back it had gone, a lesson well learnt !!!

The dial turned up in one of my junk bags "spares", which was identical in every way and keeping the look right replaced the chrome finger wheel with the original. The dial came off of a Belgian kettle phone (the one with the carry handle). Normally they fitted one of two models.

Have a look at the photos after the phone and handset had been polished up using bluebell, which I think is available in the US or a similar product called Duraglit.   

I will be adding more items, the latest one being a fat boy with unfortunately a W/E1 handset, but will be put away in case needed for a WE phone. I would think that it is quite old as the wire is the old silk/cotton covered type. The ringer, induction coil and capacitor are all there and the dial is an AE which I believe SC used. The Bakelite case is in very good order.

dsk

Turned out to be a great one. Congratulations, nice work.

dsk

migette

Hi

Thanks dsk the shell was in good condition so did not need too much polishing

Migette