News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Screen Too Wide, Can't Reply - IE & Firefox

Started by Perry, November 07, 2008, 02:34:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan/Panther

I just started to download Firefox. IF by chance my computer eats it, within the next few weeks, each and every person on this forum, will receive an equal portion bill to cover my losses. :o :o
Seriously, I'm going to try to duplicate thre problem using Firefox.
I have my doubts as to it being the browser, as this is really a free standing program not dependent on a browser except for locating the site, and connecting to it, and keeping it in cookies.
So I really don't know if I.E is the problem, as I think, possible more people use I.E. than Firefox, so the odds are against it.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Dennis Markham

I just tried I.E. and could not get the the jumping cursor BUT I have an old version of I.E. (6.0).  I don't use it so I don't plan to upgrade.  Again, I could not duplicate the issue with either Firefox or the earlier version of I.E.  That doesn't mean there isn't a problem, but I cannot find a problem in the software.

bwanna

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/4.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30618)
Timestamp: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 00:39:02 UTC

Line: 258
Char: 1
Code: 0
URI: http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=1418.15

oki
donna

Phonesrfun

D/P:

Could it be a problem with the forum software?  The thing that is fishy to me is that it was working fine, then started acting up.

If it were a telephone, I'd be right on it.   :-\

-Bill G

Phonesrfun

Donna:

Oh of course, why didn't I think of that!   ;D

Looks entirely greek to me.
-Bill G

bwanna

ok   i filled up the dialogue box  while in firefox.  no problem.  so i closed out & opened IE8        i got the error message that i copied up there in my previous post. also the jumpy trouble. i am in firefox now. i am going to go to the bottom of the page & see what happens.

fadaa
d

da
a
d
ad
afda
ddf
a
f
a

adfa
d                                                                                                    fdsfdasfdasj;gfjdsjgkljgkladbgvn a;l kdsjfkjdsfjkdsfjdfjkdsjfkljdsfkjdsjfkldsjfkljdskfjkldsjfkjdsfkjkdlsjfkjdsjfk;ldsjfkajdsfkjkldfjkldjfkljdfkljkldfjklk
no jumping yet
donna

bwanna

hey that error message is greek to me, too. but maybe it will mean something to somebody who knows anything :o
donna

Phonesrfun

Donna:

I could tell by your initial comment that it was greek to you too, but I could not help but comment.

-Bill
-Bill G

bwanna

donna

Phonesrfun

At work, I am running IE 6.0 and on XP on an HP computer.

No problems with that combination.
-Bill G

HobieSport

Is this still a problem for anyone here or are we just beating a dead horse ???
-Matt

Phonesrfun

As of yesterday it was still a problem for me at home.
-Bill G

Dennis Markham

OK, I guess we're not beating a dead horse.  But I don't have any clue what to do about the issue some of you are experiencing.  The software is pretty much a template with boxes to check for different options.  My limited web site design keeps me from reading source code to determine the issue.  I think last time I upgraded the software with Simple Machines and that seemed to make it go away.  I'll give that a short again....if I we aren't already using the latest version.

Dennis Markham

That was quick.  I updated from version 1.1.9 to 1.1.10.  According to the information from Simple Machines there were some bugs that were corrected.   Please let  me know if something changes.

Thanks

The Mgmt

Bill Cahill

My replay on that won't be for awhile, yet. I'm on my old system.
Problem was happenning on my new one.
Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."