News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Rotary Phone Chat- Join Us every night 9:30pm

Started by c64man, April 07, 2014, 09:41:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

c64man

Ive got the chat room back up,  Join us every night at 9:30 pm for telephone talk.   Ive also got voice conference available on C*NET if we all want to have a conference :)

http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=##rotaryphones

Scotophor

9:30 p.m. where? This internet thing is worldwide, and there are over 2 3 ( ;) ) dozen time zones on the planet. Also, in much of the world "a.m." and "p.m." are antiquated -- most Europeans typically use 24-hour time (i.e. 21:30 or 21.30).
Name: A.J.   Location: LAPNCAXG, EDgewood 6

Matilo Telephones

Quote from: Scotophor on April 08, 2014, 02:54:50 AM
9:30 p.m. ......there are over 2 dozen time zones on the planet.............

For a minute there I was going to shoot from the hip, but I decided to look it up first. To my great surprise there are about 40 (!) official timezones. :-)
Groeten,

Arwin

Check out my telephone website: http://www.matilo.eu/?lang=en

And I am on facebook too: www.facebook.com/matilosvintagetelephones

c64man

Quote from: Matilo Telephones on April 08, 2014, 04:22:32 AM

For a minute there I was going to shoot from the hip, but I decided to look it up first. To my great surprise there are about 40 (!) official timezones. :-)

LOL completely forgot about the time zone thing lol.    9:30PM EST,  but the chat room is open all the time for those who want to join in and BS.  my Nick ZeroC001 is always logged in.  So just stop by say hi.  Its open 24 hours.  I may be idle but most nights im around the computer in the phone room till about 3 or 4 am EST

Slal

Anything goes?  Have some questions that might not be politic on a public forum (for legal reasons?) or ones don't want forever stored on cloud.  Fun example is my first post.  Googled "number plate for WE 2AA dial" and came across my own post here at CRPF!  Come full circle.

thx

--Bruce 

Scotophor

Quote from: Matilo Telephones on April 08, 2014, 04:22:32 AM
Well, I didn't look up the number but I knew there are more than the "natural" 24, because 30-minute offsets are used in some places (such as Australia), some places use "Summer Time" (a.k.a. "Daylight Saving Time") changes twice a year, some places do not use "Summer Time" at all, and in some zones the clocks are permanently set about 1 hour ahead of mean solar time. So a figure of around 40 official time zones does not surprise me at all.

Scotophor

Quote from: c64man on April 08, 2014, 01:21:24 PM... 9:30PM EST,  but the chat room is open all the time for those who want to join in and BS.  my Nick ZeroC001 is always logged in.  So just stop by say hi.  Its open 24 hours.  I may be idle but most nights im around the computer in the phone room till about 3 or 4 am EST
BTW, we've been on Daylight Saving Time for a couple of weeks now, so make that EDT instead of EST. For the rest of the world, EDT is UTC -04:00 hrs. So 21:30 EDT is 01:30 UTC.

Contempra

just one thing that bothers me, the fuc**ing capchat with small figures that are on the bottom and barely seen and everything tangled that I'm not interested to return grrrrrrr!... no need to put the capchats person will steal you the tchatt!.. :).. Damned captchat !

c64man

Quote from: Contempra on April 09, 2014, 06:16:42 PM
just one thing that bothers me, the fuc**ing capchat with small figures that are on the bottom and barely seen and everything tangled that I'm not interested to return grrrrrrr!... no need to put the capchats person will steal you the tchatt!.. :).. Damned captchat !

If you dont like the captcha bs you can download an IRC client and connect to freenode that way,  It works pretty good.  :)  if you are on windows.  mIRC is good and free and linux,  X-Chat and irssi,  also on a Mac,  Colloquy and X-Chat

Mr. Bones

I've been on the chat room several times, and visited with Slandon, and several others, as well as on the C*net connection, ditto. I have always found it to be an enjoyable experience.

It sure would be nice, to chat (and vox) with some of the guys and gals from the forum. Don't be afraid to give it a try; ain't kilt me, yet! ;)

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

HarrySmith

I have logged in twice now and found nothing happening. I could not post anything or read anything. Am I doing something wrong?
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: HarrySmith on April 10, 2014, 06:40:48 PM
I have logged in twice now and found nothing happening. I could not post anything or read anything. Am I doing something wrong?

I had the same issue, you need to fill out the info, then click "auth to services," and type in some info there, then a text box at the bottom will appear.

Ben

Contempra

Quote from: c64man on April 09, 2014, 10:16:16 PM
Quote from: Contempra on April 09, 2014, 06:16:42 PM

If you dont like the captcha bs you can download an IRC client and connect to freenode that way,  It works pretty good.  :)  if you are on windows.  mIRC is good and free and linux,  X-Chat and irssi,  also on a Mac,  Colloquy and X-Chat

I have MIRC but it only used for music - karaoke... I already tried an IRC client and nothing's working correctly. So, let me the link and i'll see what happen. Otherwise, I forget it. thanks