News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Early AE80; heads up the AE collector

Started by WEBellSystemChristian, April 19, 2014, 08:42:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WEBellSystemChristian

I know some forum members have drooled over AE80s with early dials, so I'd like to give them a heads-up. I found this light blue 80 on Etsy, and it has the finger wheel with the chrome dial card retainer. I have little interest in buying it, but I don't like to see something valuable go unnoticed.

Aqua Rotary Telephone Monophone

(I hope the link isn't too long).   EDIT: not anymore
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

WesternElectricBen

Weird, it kind of looks two tone, or it was constructed from 2 different phones. Notice how if it was discolored, all of the plastics would be the same shade. But the capsules and dial back plate is different color than the handset/body.

Ben

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: WesternElectricBen on April 19, 2014, 08:44:28 PM
Weird, it kind of looks two tone, or it was constructed from 2 different phones. Notice how if it was discolored, all of the plastics would be the same shade. But the capsules and dial back plate is different color than the handset/body.

Ben
Yeah, it is kind of weird. More than likely some of the plastics faded differently than the rest.
Christian Petterson

WesternElectricBen

That is possible, but in my opinion, I don't think that is so.

Ben

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: WesternElectricBen on April 19, 2014, 08:44:28 PM

Ben
Actually, it looks painted. Look at the cradle ears, they're yellow underneath!
Christian Petterson

WesternElectricBen

Good eye, now I wonder what color the handset is painted. That would actually be really cool in yellow, if you did all the work and stripped the paint.

Ben

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: WesternElectricBen on April 19, 2014, 08:57:52 PM
Good eye, now I wonder what color the handset is painted. That would actually be really cool in yellow, if you did all the work and stripped the paint.

Ben
...and got a matching bezel. I bet OPW has one in yellow.
Christian Petterson