News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Kellogg hookswitch, WE 500 Network... compatible?

Started by Nilsog, May 28, 2012, 01:45:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phonesrfun

That's odd.  It suggests your handset is wired differently than standard.  Inside the transmitter cavity where the wires connect, are the wires connected Black to B, White to W, and Red to R?  Also, where did you connect the white and the red handset wires to make it work?

-Bill G

Nilsog

The wires in the handset are wired correctly. White and Black to B on the network, Red to R on the network.
Ken

Phonesrfun

Sorry to dog this thing so hard, but wired like that, you should be getting very annoying pops in the receiver when you dial.
-Bill G

Phonesrfun

Holy cow, I just thought of something.  By any chance, is the hookswitch of the old 500 base still connected to the network?
-Bill G

Nilsog

Quote from: Phonesrfun on May 29, 2012, 12:43:26 AM
Sorry to dog this thing so hard, but wired like that, you should be getting very annoying pops in the receiver when you dial.

Yes, I forgot about that! I took a second look at the dial and sure enough the contacts were bend, source of the problem right there. so it's now fixed and wired properly. I knew something wasn't right!

Thanks, Bill!
Ken

Nilsog

No I switched to a 425E, which allowed me to disconnect the hookswitch entirely.
Ken

Phonesrfun

-Bill G