News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Western Electric 20T Interphone

Started by Sargeguy, May 09, 2012, 07:42:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sargeguy

I usually avoid Interphones because of my focus on actual phones.  This one was a beauty so I pulled the trigger:

20-T a.jpg

There are a lot of interesting features on this phone.  For example, the transmitter is a 269w, significantly smaller than the standard sized solid back transmitter.  Another example is the 302, also found on Interphones.

20-T b.jpg

The cup is small but has the usual patent dates.  Interestingly, this phone features the separate lug, but it is not the solid type, it has a hole for the wires.  These are usually found on transmitters that have been refurbished during the Depression WWII.  Maybe they were originally from Interphones?  Or maybe they were transitional.  The 20-B type patent dates are on the back of the perch above where it says "20T"

20-T c.jpg

Also, the base says "Western Electric Company with no patent dates.  This is one of the less common bases. 

20-T d.jpg

It also features a really nice 143W

20-T e.jpg

Here it is with its big brother:

20-T f.jpg
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

wds

that's a real beauty.  I have a 20T, but it has the 302 transmitter, and doesn't have that knurled nut.  Yours must be an older version.  Nice.
Dave

Sargeguy

Thanks, I had a newer 20T as well, but I sold it off, it was missing parts and was kind of boring.  This one is a keeper.  It is all original except for the felt and the nickel is excellent.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Doug Rose

Great phone Greg....it sure is a beauty....Doug
Kidphone