News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

what is a 502?

Started by Kenny C, June 28, 2010, 02:38:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenny C

Because there is one from 10/55 on ebay right now I cant get it but one of you guys can if you want it. I thought if I can't get it some one here might want it.

Item number 290447499204
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

HarrySmith

Paul's site says: Single line w/ extension set exclusion and A-lead control for 1A2.

Someone might have been waiting to bid last second and get a cheap 500, now there is at least 400 other people eyeing this phone.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Dan/Panther

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Dan/Panther

I withdrew my bid.. :o :o :o ;D ;D ;) ;)
D/P

HarrySmith

OK> Cool! Sometimes I am a little dense, being 1/2 Polak and all! ???
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

McHeath

QuoteSomeone might have been waiting to bid last second and get a cheap 500, now there is at least 400 other people eyeing this phone.

We've debated if showing a live auction is okay on the forum and the final result was all's fair in love and E-Bay. 

paul-f

This seems to be a nice, relatively early example.  The photos are good -- showing the exclusion switch pileup behind the switchhook and the rectangular end on the right plunger to activate it.

D/P:  You could always bid on this to fit in your October collection.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

JorgeAmely

What is "A-lead control for 1A2"?

Does it need a special PBX to operate it? Inquiring minds want to know ....  ??? ??? ???
Jorge

AE_Collector

A lead control is two conductors of the set cord attached to a set of make contacts in the hookswitch pileup. They short when you go off hook.

If the phone is on a "Non Electronic" key system, IE 1A1, 1A2 which is the system that operates phones such as 564, 565, Call Directors, NT Logic series, AE 86, 186 etc these contacts are what operates the line card to mark the line as busy on the other phones that have illuminated line keys.

Terry

Dan/Panther

Quote from: paul-f on June 28, 2010, 07:37:00 PM
This seems to be a nice, relatively early example.  The photos are good -- showing the exclusion switch pileup behind the switchhook and the rectangular end on the right plunger to activate it.

D/P:  You could always bid on this to fit in your October collection.

Paul;
I just said that about withdrawing my bid to throw everyone off.... ;D :o
D/P

Kenny C

In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

JorgeAmely

Kenny:
It is on its way home. D/P failed to fool me.  ;) ;D ;D ;D  I'll post "under the hood" pictures when it gets here, perhaps after the 4th of July weekend.
Jorge

Kenny C

you got it for a good price it looks like it is all original
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

HarrySmith

Congrats! Looks good and it stayed cheap!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"