"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Western Electric 410 on eBay

Started by Sargeguy, April 11, 2009, 08:45:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sargeguy

Just won this phone on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350187677757&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:US:1123

The phone has an intact looking coiled handset cord and what looks like a dial mask.  I don't see any cracks.  It's a well-photographed phone, I am surprised it only went the price it did.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

BDM

--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

McHeath

Great buy!  Really good price. 

AET

Nice phone, price, and vintage.  Congrats!
- Tom

Dennis Markham

Great Buy Sargeguy!  Maybe the busy weekend has people doing other things than watching eBay.  I had that on my radar and certainly expected to see it go higher.  I look forward to seeing your photos of this when you get it spiffed up.

Dan/Panther

I was watching it also, but figured the condition and rarity would make it go for much more, so I dropped it off my watch list.
Won't doi that again.
I'll give you $30.00 plus shipping. ;D

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Sargeguy

My final bid was in the $50 range, so I am happy no one else jumped in at the end.  I think advertising it as a 302 with a $25.00 starting bid may have put a damper on some of the bidding.  People don't want to start that high for a run-of-the-mill thermoplastic 302.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Sargeguy

Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

mienaichizu

HobieSport

AET

Hope that newer phone number on the $60 one can be removed to show the original dial card underneath.
- Tom