"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

My Telephones - "K1WI"

Started by K1WI, October 22, 2010, 08:11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K1WI

Hello to all on the forum,
  I'm a new member , found this forum by accident and I'm quite impressed with all the knowledge and sharing. Been a collector for a long long time. Started working for Ma Bell in the mid sixtys as a "radioman" went on to "switchman" and spent last years of carear as an eqipment installer of digital switching equipment. I took an "EARLY" retirement at just under 35 years , went on to open a small avionics and marine radio business , sold that after a few years , and then went on to a fun job  as a flight attendant on very small aircraft. But after a few years of travel I was injured seriously during a flight and have been on disability for over two years. This actually has been a blessing of sorts as I now have time to go through all the hampers "(phone talk for boxes' )of phone  and radio gear accumulated over the years , slowly finishing all the projects half completed as I prepare for my next carear.
   Thought I would share some of my progress on completed repairs and restorals , still lots more to do. I always tried to save and collect unusual items or ones I would on see on rare occasions.
   Again thanks to all,
          Andy K1WI

K1WI

These tow pictures didn't get sent with previous posting ............  Pix of the last two sets I have been "neatening" up , a early 1937 H1 mounting w/seamless H/S and a totally undated metal H1  gold presentation set , both of which have never been used.

Just4Phones

Quote from: K1WI on October 22, 2010, 08:26:08 PM
   These tow pictures didn't get sent with previous posting ............  Pix of the last two sets I have been "neatening" up , a early 1937 H1 mounting w/seamless H/S and a totally undated metal H1  gold presentation set , both of which have never been used.

Welcome to the club.  Boy you sure have some beautiful phones.  That gold 302 is a beaut.  If your "new career" is selling phones I see about 5 I'd like to buy ;)

Joel