News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

National Key Telephone

Started by Babybearjs, November 20, 2015, 06:55:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

I just bought this phone on ebay. based on what I could see, this is a multiline phone for a newer 1A2 system. does anyone know anything about this phone? I have never seen this brand and know there is no info on it in the TCI library. can anyone help???
John

rdelius

National = Panasonic. National was already in use by National Radio so the japanese National had to use another name.

Babybearjs

ahhh, Panasonic made the phone, huh? this is going to be fun... most likely, electronic.... well, I do have the equipment to run it....
John

Babybearjs

I got the phone yesterday.... interesting design..... wound up having to literally rip out all the wiring.... the phone was made back in the 70's and they soldered all the cord connections to the boards.... none of the color codes matched anything US.... and the unit used regular switchboard lamps that are neon.... I'm in the process of completely rewiring the phone. I had to pull the network as there was no terminal markings at all.... the dial and switch hook had soldered connections... I resoldered the dial to W.E. standards. (wht, Grn, Blu, Yel.) and am going to resolder the switch hook tomorrow. pretty straight forward. I'm going to add either a ITT or AE network to the unit and have to add a bell.... the unit is a 10 line phone.... pretty cool....  since there is no surviving documentation on the phone, I have to convert it to some sort of modern standard.  this is a interesting project as I was hoping they made these phones to some recognizable standard... but no.... they sure knew how to make junk even back in the 70's.... no wonder I don't like Panasonic.....   
John