News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Hey Jim Do you collect Clear TVs??

Started by Doug Rose, October 09, 2010, 03:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Here is a cool little B&W TV. It is clear and in really nice shape. It gets beautiful snow with loud static. Shame is the probably works, but with the new digital TV I will never know....Doug
Kidphone

deedubya3800

Is there a low-power station such as a Christian or Hispanic station within range? I can still pick up a couple with my little sets. Everything else is either static or a gray picture with odd lines across it. I'm assuming the latter is a digital transmission.

With either a UHF transmitter, a DTV converter box, or a component like a VCR or DVD player, you should be able to tell. Of course, anything other than the UHF transmitter would require the coax adaptor that hooks into the EXT ANT port. Clear TVs are common in places like prisons since they can be easily inspected internally for stashed contraband.

Jim Stettler

I had seriously considered getting one in the past. The only ones I have ever seen are the clear prison sets. This one appears to be a clear novelty TV.
Whether it works or not is a moot point. I havn't watched TV in years.

Currently I am way out of room for telephones, let alone TV's.
Thanks for thinking of me,
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Greg G.

Quote from: Kidphone on October 09, 2010, 03:32:23 PM
Here is a cool little B&W TV. It is clear and in really nice shape. It gets beautiful snow with loud static.

Doug

Sounds like an ebay blurb!
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

JorgeAmely

Doug:

You can use it as a monitor if you connect it to the TV output of your cable box. Most likely it will tune channel 3 or 4.
Jorge

Doug Rose

Jorge...I'll give it a try...thanks....Doug
Kidphone

elmwood

Quote from: Kidphone on October 09, 2010, 03:32:23 PMShame is the probably works, but with the new digital TV I will never know

There's always good 'ol wired cable, or a digital-to-analog converter box.  The box might cost more than the set, but if you really want to use it, and you don't have cable, there;s not much of a choice.