News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

2 craigslist finds

Started by bushman, November 09, 2010, 10:57:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bushman

It's been a good week!!  I picked up the payphone yesterday for $20.00. And the group of phones in the other pic today for $50.00!

Bushman

JorgeAmely

All that phone loot for $70? Lucky guy!
Jorge

Dennis Markham

Phonesrfun

All I can say is WOW!

That was a great haul.  Portland is good.
-Bill G

AE_Collector

An AE Single Slot in Rotary. Took me a long time to get a rotary one.

Terry

HarrySmith

Nice find :)
Congrats ;D

nice avatar Terry :D
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

LarryInMichigan

Amazing!  This is another proof that the best phone deals are in Oregon and Washington.

Larry

AE_Collector

Quote from: HarrySmith on November 10, 2010, 07:24:31 AM
nice avatar Terry :D

A little busy though. I need to try taking a better picture too.

Terry

Greg G.

Nice haul!  I confess I haven't been actively cruising CL for a while.  I want a closer look at that pink 500.  
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Dennis Markham

That Pink one does look nice.  The White and Yellow one also look like they could soft plastic.  Is that AE80 Light Gray?  It sure looks like it, or whatever they call that color....Jorge, Terry??

bushman

Thanks !!  There was no colored soft plastics in the bunch. But the black one in the back is a 5302g with an f-1 handset!!  The yellow one is a stromberg carlson body with a nothern electric handset. the moss green 2500 is a 68 model. There is 3 softcenter dials and as you can see quite a few original wall cords. I will be going inside of them soon so I can check them out more. As far as the payphone goes I need to get into it hopefully this weekend as it came with no keys and the side locks are locked.

Bushman

AE_Collector

Quote from: Dennis Markham on November 10, 2010, 07:46:34 PM
Is that AE80 Light Gray?  It sure looks like it, or whatever they call that color....Jorge, Terry??

I hadn't noticed that. What color is the 80? AE's gray is "Dawn Gray". On my laptop I can't decide what color it might be but Dawn Gray looks like a possibity from here....

Terry

Dennis Markham

As I look at that AE80 again, it looks like Aqua.  But it does have white numerals.  Would that be consistent with Dawn Gray?

AE_Collector

Quote from: Dennis Markham on November 10, 2010, 09:46:56 PM
As I look at that AE80 again, it looks like Aqua.  But it does have white numerals.  Would that be consistent with Dawn Gray?

Looking at it on my desktop computer and while it still looks dawn gray to me I can see that it could be AE "Turquoise". That is likely what you mean when by aqua. Also frequntly called Sea Foam green. Color of my Avatar until last night...

Need a better picture and/or codes off the base plate.

AE_Collector

Quote from: bushman on November 10, 2010, 09:02:23 PM
As far as the payphone goes I need to get into it hopefully this weekend as it came with no keys and the side locks are locked.

Bushman

The Payphone might be the original 120A as opposed to a 120B. I just noticed it has the original gray plastic hookswitch leaver on it.

I Always thought it crazy that they started out with plastic fingerwheels (or touchpads) as well as the plastic hook lever. Kids soon figured out that plastic burns so those parts soon changed to metal.

While the chrome 120's had everything in bright chrome except for the fingerwheel and hookswitch lever, before long the lever and fingerwheel also became bright chrome but at about the same time other parts such as the faceplate (cover for most of the front of the phone that also holds instruction cards etc) and vault door changed to brushed or matt finsih rather than bright chrome. Fortunately i had access to enough parts and pieces to make a 100% bright chrome 120 payphone.

Terry