News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Soviet TAN 70-1 desk telephone, in red of course :-)

Started by Matilo Telephones, April 25, 2016, 11:23:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matilo Telephones

Yesterday a fellow collector visited me and brought me this present.

It is a TAH 70-1. TAH is in cyrillic and transcribes to TAN in Latin alphabet. It is an acronym for tabletop telephone apparatus.

It was made by Пермский телефонный завод (Perm Telephone Factory) in 1977.

It works and although it has some damage, I will gladly restore it. The volume on the transmitter and receiver are a bit low, though.

Interesting detail is that the dial mechanism is a copy of the German NrS 38, as found on the W48, 49, Heemaf 1955 and many other phones.

Love that CCCP logo on the dial centre.

Curiously it does not have a dial card or a number card window, which is unusual for that era. And the price is printed on the bottom: 20 ruble
Groeten,

Arwin

Check out my telephone website: http://www.matilo.eu/?lang=en

And I am on facebook too: www.facebook.com/matilosvintagetelephones

LM Ericsson

Be careful when removing the dial center. There are no notches on the top of the dial center to be able to remove it. You will have to remove it from the other side of the dial. There is a hole in the metal near the center gear where it should line up with the holes on the underside of the finger wheel. Either use a paper clip or small, but long screw driver that can fit in the hole. There are multiple holes in the underside of the fingerwheel to remove the dial center. Gently push the dial center up, when it does, do the same on the other sides until it is completely loose. The interesting thing about the Teal model I just got is that instead of a schematic printed and glued on the inside of the housing, it is molded into the plastic.
Regards,
-Grayson

Matilo Telephones

Thanks very much Grayson! That is really useful info. The question of how to remove the fingerwheel and dial centre had already wandered through my mind, because that dial really needs a tune up and a good clean.

That CCCP logo on the dial indicates that the telephone went through a quality control that conformed to specific legal norm called GOST. Like an ISO approval. I just learned this from a Romanian collector.
Groeten,

Arwin

Check out my telephone website: http://www.matilo.eu/?lang=en

And I am on facebook too: www.facebook.com/matilosvintagetelephones