and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Auction 206: Colonial Blue AE 80 - Ended 03-23-16

Started by TelePlay, March 18, 2016, 07:45:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tallguy58

Cheers........Bill

WEBellSystemChristian

John, the edited pictures look much more realistic.

=================

EDIT:  I removed the original darker blue images from the first post
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

WEBellSystemChristian

This will definitely be a first for us if the price settles around $660: a non-member winning a contest! ;D
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

wds

Dave

AE40FAN

I sold my Colonial Blue.  It was a very early one with a cutaway chrome finger wheel.  Unfortunately, it was missing both its handset and line cords.  It sold for around $175.  I had a Dark Grey as well that I sold.  I think I got $85 for that. They are rare just  not nearly as popular as Western Electric...

Fabius

Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

TelePlay

Well, the last morning update just now has it at 18 bids and $76. Seems like it is moving up at the minimum bid, unlike a WE med blue which would go up by chunks of $10.

Auction (contest) ends in a bit more than 2 hours, and I'll be at work all day so won't update the contest until tonight, so congrats to whomever wins this highly uncertain ending auction contest.

TelePlay

And the winner of Auction Contest #206 is andre_janew who with again, the 12th entry into the contest offered the winning guess of $150.00 giving him his 4th auction contest win. He seems to be on a role having won #180, #196, #198 and now #206. So, once again, our congratulations go out to andre_janew for another win in the CRPF Auction Contests and for moving up one rung in the Contest Standings.

The phone was won by ET, well, really e***t ( 1125 ), who with his first and only bid of the auction, a snipe 5 seconds before the auction ended, was able to burst through the auction ceiling to take the phone home  8) for a mere but lofty $144.60. The phone started at $19.99 and moved up in price slowly during the auction but failed to see the anticipated final second pop in price even though there were 12 bidders placing 22 bids. The seller sure didn't have to sit down during that ending. Someone got a steal deal on this rare phone.

Check out the updated Contest Standings to see who's who through 199 contests and the latest additions to the CRPF Hall of Fame

Thanks again to all who played. As always, there is only one way to get on the winner's board or move up a rung - you have to play to win.