"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Setting up an 120 B the right way?

Started by dsk, May 11, 2014, 09:04:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AE_Collector

Quote from: poplar1 on June 01, 2014, 06:06:06 PM

Perhaps Terry can tell us which way 120Bs were usually furnished for prepay--"coin first" or "dial tone first." I would also like to know whether the "dial shorting" on the multi-slots was done inside the AE phone, or in the central office.

When I worked coin I was in major metropolitan areas and it was late 1990's and early 2000's so all CO's were electronic. All were Dial Tone First. Of course we also rehabbed our own Payphones so anything I saw then had been through our shops rather than being new from AE.

Sorry, no idea about the dial shorting.

Terry

dsk

Now it is on the wall, working!  :D
My prototype controller works, but just with a 1 min timer for changing from return to collect.
Now its working the right way, collecting on answer, and returning if no answer. A short delay after hanging up, and the coin relay does what it are supposed to. (Edited June 13 2014)

dsk

dsk

All connectors I can see are in position for just hooking it up, and use it without money.
Remember this phone are polarity sensitive, so if the dial doesent work switch ring and tip.

dsk

mentalstampede

Quote from: dsk on June 05, 2014, 02:50:05 AM

[/s]Now its working the right way, collecting on answer, and returning if no answer. A short delay after hanging up, and the coin relay does what it are supposed to. (Edited June 13 2014)[/color]

dsk

Just out of curiosity, what method are you using in your controller to detect answer?
My name is Kenn, and I like telephones.

"Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something." --Robert Heinlein

dsk

>:( That's absolutely impossible on a normal POTS line, so I chose to detect reverse polarity, and connect it to a PAP2T ATA. This may reverse on answer, so the signal are there, I just could not figure out any other way around. ;)

Its working when other party's answering, emergency numbers too 8)

More about the controller:
http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=11987.0

dsk

NikeTelephone

Got this Today, Thanks to your guys Info the reverse Polarity took care of my Funky Noises and squeaks when trying to dial... Now she works great! Thanks for the Info!
:)
Phones, Who Knew! :)