News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

82B Connecting Block for WE 565 or 2565 -- Question

Started by poplar1, August 15, 2016, 09:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poplar1

I have a question about connecting a 4A Speakerphone to a six-button key telephone, such as Western Electric 565, 2565, or 2872.

This requires an 82-type connecting block, which has an "option plug" (part no. KS-  21149 L4) for ringer cutoff or
auxillary relay control.

Now, if this option plug is missing, will the phone and speakerphone still work? What about the ringer?

The option plug is shown installed in the middle of the blue connector. The speaker and transmitter also connect to this connector.

The plug resembles the one used in 223-type adapters, but in that application, there is a M2FG cord from the transformer going to the plug. With the 82B connecting block, the transformer connects to screw terminals.

"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Weco355aman

The Missing option only affects the ringer in the phone. This was used to silence the bell when the speakerphone was on.
You can on the rear solder around this option. These option plugs we lost a lot of the time when the unit was removed.
These 82 connecting block's ONLY for 6 button set's Not the 28xx set's. And YES your phone still will work. You could move the bell to the Y-Br Br-Y and the same at the other end of that cable.
Phil

poplar1

podor

I used a 223C block, which has the power supply output through the option plug portion of the connector. You have the option plug, as far as I can tell by the picture. BSP 512-700-100, page 5,  says "A reversible option plug provides the key system options, ringer cutoff or operation of an auxiliary relay". It is the little black block that pugs in between the mounting cords of the speaker and transmitter in the Amphenol connector.

poplar1

Podor, yes, the plug is in the picture, but it was missing in some of the 82Bs I bought.

By the way, the 565 and 2565 normally uses a 82A or 82B block, so that you don't have the cord from the 223 adapter going into the phone. If you prefer to "upgrade" to an 82B, I'm trying to get some more of them from the same seller.

podor

Thanks for the offer. I'm ok with the way it's set up. I used a 149b connector block to break out the pairs for the 223 so it doesn't have to go into the phone. Essentially, it's doing the same thing, just in two boxes instead of 1.