News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Different Mouth Piece on AE Handset

Started by Doug Rose, November 25, 2012, 10:51:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Anyone ever seen this louvered MP on this AE handset? I have never seen one. Handset is in great condition!...thanks...Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

I take this is a common mp and I have just never seen one?....Doug
Kidphone

AE_Collector

I am pretty sure we had a talk about one of these before but I can't recall the details. Do you think it is an induction coil handset? What does he need to check Stub? Terminals to the receiver capsule? Not a common mouthpiece. Many attempts at better transmission from the newer transmitters.

Terry

LarryInMichigan

What sort of transmitter capsule is under the cap?

Larry

rdelius

This was the early version of the type 38 handset.The handle is thinner on the rec end and is more prone to break .Also the rec cap is flatter.My Monarch Como-phone (built by AE) has this handset

Doug Rose

Terry...this is not an induction handset.

rdelius...thanks for you information, I appreciate it

Doug
Kidphone

davidbholcomb

Hi Doug,
Do you think this could be an "Anti-Noise" mouthpiece? I have been reading lots of AE catalogs today and this was the only thing I found that I thought might fit the bill. It was in catalog 4055D.
Dave, who still needs a Transmitter Bracket for the Automatic Electric Type 38 Handset.

LarryInMichigan

Quote from: davidbholcomb on November 26, 2012, 06:21:10 PM
Hi Doug,
Do you think this could be an "Anti-Noise" mouthpiece? I have been reading lots of AE catalogs today and this was the only thing I found that I thought might fit the bill. It was in catalog 4055D.

Because of the design, I was going to guess that it was for noise reduction.

Larry

Doug Rose

thanks David....you might be right...take care....Doug
Kidphone

rdelius

The anti noise type 38 had one hole in the tx mouthpeice.It flared out somewhat where you spoke into it

AE_Collector

I second that. The Anti Noise is an odd looking transmitter cap that is flat and solid across the surface with a single hole in the centre that is maybe 1/4" or so round.

Terry

Doug Rose

Thanks for all the insight into this great handset. I wired it up and it works!! I have no need for it so it is off to eBay this weekend.....Doug
Kidphone

stub

Doug,
          I remember now , it's a AE # 1 handset . The vaned cap directs sound to the transmitter. Telephone Engineer , April 1926 ,pg. 47 .  Just took 7 yrs to remember.  stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

Doug Rose

Stub....I wished I had kept it....I can really use it now..Doug
Kidphone

AE_Collector

Stub will remember more things over the next decade or so. Stay Tuned!

Terry