News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Members Pets - Dougal modeling a NE Uniphone 1

Started by Bridie, December 07, 2013, 10:29:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bridie

Yesterday I received three gorgeous rotary phones from Dave in PEI - the NE Uniphone 1, Uniphone 2 and 211!  They're all in fantastic condition and I'll be cleaning and polishing them (and doing what might need to be done to make them operational) and they'll be added to my blossoming collection of vintage rotary phones.  Meanwhile, I wanted to post this photo of my cat Dougal modeling the Uniphone 1, taken this morning.  Thanks again Dave, your generosity is much appreciated!

Bridget
Bridget

WesternElectricBen

Those Uniphones are quite cool, I think I have one.

How did you get your cat to pose for the picture, my cat doesn't like the camera.. :)

Ben

Bridie

Quote from: WesternElectricBen on December 07, 2013, 10:40:50 AM

How did you get your cat to pose for the picture, my cat doesn't like the camera.. :)

Ben

I love the Uniphone 1, the sheer elegance of it, the clean lines, absolutely beautiful.  

Both Dougal and Isobel regularly photo-bomb my attempts at photographing other things, yet don't seem so keen to stay still when I actually want to photograph them specifically  ::) My intention was just to photograph the telephone on its own but Dougal decided the photo needed a model to glam it up.  ;D
Bridget

DavePEI

Quote from: Bridie on December 07, 2013, 10:52:10 AM
Quote from: WesternElectricBen on December 07, 2013, 10:40:50 AM

Ben

I love the Uniphone 1, the sheer elegance of it, the clean lines, absolutely beautiful.  

Both Dougal and Isobel regularly photo-bomb my attempts at photographing other things, yet don't seem so keen to stay still when I actually want to photograph them specifically  ::) My intention was just to photograph the telephone on its own but Dougal decided the photo needed a model to glam it up.  ;D

He has claimed that one. Wonder if Isobel will claim the Uni #2? That will leave the 211 for you. Good enough for a mere human! He's a beautiful cat, Bridget, and he has good taste in phones!

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

Haf

Cats and phones seems to have a natural affinity :)

One of my cats preferred sleeping next to a W48 by day and night some time ago (cat is still around, phone not)

Sorry for the bad quality of the pictures.

Haf
Telephone:
0049-030-55474418
1-415-449-4743
1-604-757-7474

Contempra

yes Haf.. but when the phone's ringing loud the cat...zoooooooooooooooooooufffffffff!! gone ! :D. the phone and the cat are not chummy really.

Bridie

Quote from: DavePEI on December 07, 2013, 11:37:21 AM
He has claimed that one. Wonder if Isobel will claim the Uni #2? That will leave the 211 for you. Good enough for a mere human! He's a beautiful cat, Bridget!

Dave

Great photo Dave! He does appear to have taken ownership.  He'd better not be thinking he can spend hours on it talking to all his cat friends!
Bridget

Bridie

What a gorgeous cat, Haf!  The phone's gorgeous too, of course  ;D
Bridget

DavePEI

Quote from: Bridie on December 08, 2013, 09:36:21 AM
Great photo Dave! He does appear to have taken ownership.  He'd better not be thinking he can spend hours on it talking to all his cat friends!
It would be funny watching him make CATcalls to all his CATkin! It would be interesting to listen to that communiCATion.

Seriously, though, when my son Jeffery moved away, a couple of weeks later, he called us on Skype. We turned the speaker on, and all three of our cats gathered around and started meowing to him, especially when he called them by name! It was really cute - they knew it was him! They were the wildest, happiest cats for the rest of the day!

Cats are funny though. If they take a liking to a spot, it will be a favorite for life. Here is Bobbi a few days after she arrived. Even to this day, she spends most of the day on my desk, putting herself in front of me lying on my arm so I have to pay attention to her rather than to the computer. Mind you, now she takes up much more desk space than she did back then - she no longer fits behind the monitor!

Below that, her today at 3 yrs old! Under that, her adoptive mother/sister/best buddy Smokey (7 yrs old), bottom, Amber (6 yrs old).

'Nuff for now - this is supposed to be about telephones, but I couldn't resist. They are my little Ding-a-lings!

Dave
C*NET 1-651-0001

WEBellSystemChristian

My cat, Andie, must respectfully disagree with your cats Dave. Whenever she finds a new spot (usually a box or something) she stops using it the next day. ??? Also, if I put her in a box, she will immediately jump out, pretending to hate it. After a few minutes, when I'm gone (or so she thinks) she will come back to the same box, and sit in it ;D
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Haf

This threat is the ultimate proof: 98% of the Internet are cat pictures and videos :)

Haf
Telephone:
0049-030-55474418
1-415-449-4743
1-604-757-7474

WesternElectricBen

In "off topic" should we start a thread subsection for cats? LOL

Ben

WEBellSystemChristian

Yeah, a thread about members' pets! That would be interesting...
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

DavePEI

Quote from: WEBellSystemChristian on December 08, 2013, 05:30:26 PM
My cat, Andie, must respectfully disagree with your cats Dave. Whenever she finds a new spot (usually a box or something) she stops using it the next day. ???
Most unusual. That is what makes cats so interesting. Each one has its own personality and likes and dislikes.  I have two new bathroom fixtures sitting on the dining room table in their boxes (don't ask me why they have sat there for so long), and they have been Smokey's favorite place for all of those six months to sit. They elevate her to the point where she can look out the window without straining!

Quote from: WEBellSystemChristian on December 08, 2013, 05:30:26 PM
Also, if I put her in a box, she will immediately jump out, pretending to hate it. After a few minutes, when I'm gone (or so she thinks) she will come back to the same box, and sit in it ;D
That is pretty typical. Its one thing to go there because they want to, and there isn't much a cat wants to do any more than to nest in a box, but to be forced to go there, Nuhha! So, I will just wait until he looks the other way! Sheesh! Ornery critters!  :)

Dave
C*NET 1-651-0001

Bridie

Dave, your cats are beautiful. I'm partial to orange cats, I must admit.

Here is a photo of my other cat, Isobel.  I rescued her at about eight weeks as a feral kitten, after I'd previously found her brother Bruce abandoned in our parking lot at about seven days of age.  Bruce survived and lived a healthy and happy life til about a year and a half ago when he passed away suddenly from heart problems.  Isobel is now 11 years old. Dougal is seven.

The second photo is of Dougal taken a couple of months ago wearing the Collar of Doom following surgery.

Bridget