News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Another Odd Starlite on Mercadolibre Mexico

Started by markosjal, February 11, 2018, 12:08:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markosjal

I found another odd starlie on mercadolibre Mexico the last ione was GTE de mexico. This one appears to be yet smething different.

https://articulo.mercadolibre.com.mx/MLM-611396998-telefono-antiguo-funcionando-con-linea-moderna--_JM

Questions :

Anyone know what NATEL is? I googled and found aEuropean company but looks like they are a "cellular age" company

Is this single hookswitch on the opposite side of a typical Stalite with single hookswitch?

Phat Phantom's phreaking phone phettish

AE_Collector

That is the typical "Final Generation Starlite" for North America. I refer to them as the E sets like the 80E phones. plastic base, built in modular base cord jacks as AE never really got around to full modular sets in the 80E's or 182/192 Starlites. No more dial illumination in these when rotary dial is equipped, single plunger working a switch mounted to the pcb like the 80E.

No idea about the NATEL branding but note they have AE  GTE in the right side cradle area. This one is likely remanufactured as I never saw flat coil cords in the Hardwired version on phones from AE....not traditional models of phones from AE at least.

Quick quiz...what is very unusual about the rotary dial layout on just these late model rotary Starlites as compared to any other dial layout, even other manufacturers?

Terry

markosjal

I think the layout of the letters is different. Older letters above numbers newer below.

AE_Collector

Correct. The numbers letters are opposite each other. I always thought it may have been done to identify non illuminating dials from the illuminating variety so that repair clerks could ask the customer this question when the customer called repair about it. However, someone came up with a more official reason, I think it was to do with the angle the dial was mounted at on Starlite (closer to flat than on say an 80) and being able to see the numbers when dialing.

Terry

markosjal

Well i bought this one and anorther odd starlite. One odd starlite remains on Mercadolibre. The odd part is I do not recall seeing starlites on mercadolibre mexico untill now and all three are just weird

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=19930.0