News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Western Electric Type 293 AB

Started by Fabius, November 11, 2016, 10:26:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fabius

Found on Goodwill auction site. Nice original condition Western Electric type 239 AB with a 277W transmitter with lots of patent dates. Phone has a solid hook. I like the three paper tags inside.  $21 pius $5 shipping. I kid you not.
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

Ktownphoneco

Nice find Tom, and at that price, it was basically a "gift" from the seller to you.   It's well marked as you've pointed out.   Want to sell it ?   I'll double your money !  :-)
Here's a page out of Western's 1908 Catalog which illustrates the set.    Just click on it and it should come up as a larger image.

Jeff

Fabius

QuoteHere's a page out of Western's 1908 Catalog which illustrates the set.
Jeff

Thanks for the catalog page. I'll print it out and put it with the set. Mine is a little newer then what is shown in the catalog. While mine has the solid switch hook it has a Western Electric decal instead of the name being stamped into the wood. Also mine has a screw lock while the one in the catalog has a key lock.
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

Pourme

Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

Fabius

Quote from: Pourme on November 11, 2016, 07:25:23 PM
Merry Christmas, Fabius!

Yes indeed. HO HO HO!

Here's the link to the auction:

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=34237847
( dead link 06-19-21 )

Correction on final price. Total with shipping was $21
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

Doug Rose

Very nice Tom....superb find!....Doug
Kidphone

Jim Stettler

I used to collect "compact wood" phones. I have always like the WE 293's. They are a neat little wood phone that doesn't take up much wall space.
JMO,
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

AE_Collector

Uh Oh...better not submit that for "Find of the Month" if you want to keep your "Last Place" record intact!

Terry

Sargeguy

Sweet!  I still need one of those, I was always priced out whenever one showed up for auction.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409