News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Doug Rose's Amazing Telephone Collection!

Started by Doug Rose, February 07, 2010, 02:05:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Collectors....seeing Vern's place on the Forum gave me a bright idea! How about everyone take a few shots of their collection and post it for everyone to see. Very few of us can match Vern's, but let's give it a go. Since it was my idea, I'll go first. I spent all yesterday afternoon dusting and cleaning and took six pictures to give the best view of my phone room. Its quality, not quantity so let's see what you collect. I collect from the late 1880s to the color 302s of early 50's. I also collect Porcelain and glass Telco signs and assorted  telephone go withs. This should be fun, lets keep this thread going for awhile. Lets see what you like......Doug
Kidphone

Jim Stettler

darn,
I also  got motivated to rearrange the phone room. No photos yet(work in progress). Vern's photo's and my (new-in transit)soft KE500's convinced me to make some changes .

My phone room is 13 x 23.{ yes Vern, it is small by your standard. You saw it, Don't rub it in}

I have 25'-30' (linear) of library. Part of my  space is occupied by the "Glass Works", (fused dichroic glass jewelry, created by my wife and daughters).

I also store many "climate safe" items in my sheds.

Photo's will be posted after the transition.

Doug,  please send me photo's and stories on your clear 302. I am always chasing clear telephone info.

Jim S

You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Doug Rose

Every year in January, I take pictures of my Phone Room. New phones are added and old friends leave for other collections. In my 30+ years of collecting, I have never once regretted taking a phone from my room to send to another collector. This is my current Phone Room. I was fortunate, I did find some wonderful phones in 2010 ....Doug
Kidphone

Dave F

Quote from: Kidphone on January 19, 2011, 05:08:07 PM
Every year in January, I take pictures of my Phone Room. New phones are added and old friends leave for other collections. In my 30+ years of collecting, I have never once regretted taking a phone from my room to send to another collector. This is my current Phone Room. I was fortunate, I did find some wonderful phones in 2010 ....Doug
Doug,

What an absolutely outstanding collection!!  Thanks so much for letting us see it.

Dave

gpo706

Absolutely gobsmacking.

Kidphone obviously stays in an ex-nuclear bunker, otherwise how does he get all that lovely stuff hanging off the walls and sitting on the floor!
"now this should take five minutes, where's me screwdriver went now..?"

Dennis Markham

Doug as I've said before, that is one beautiful collection of telephones and related items.  Every time I look at those photos---after some time has passed "I spy" something different that I'd love to have in my collection.  This time I Spy those nice colored Stromberg Carlson 1212 Fatboys.  Fantastic!

Are there TWO 334A subsets on that shelf? 

Russ Kirk

Excellent collection Doug.   Looks like you cannot get a bigger TV because it may fight with the phones.     Your telephone room looks a lot like my wife's basset hound room.  She has over 2000 items in her collection. Your collection makes my 125+ phone room look puny.

Northernman - they are Tibbles.  Interesting article on Wikipedia.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tribble

Russ....
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

Jim Stettler

That is a very nice collection Doug. I spottede more than 1 HTF item.

Since you occasionally sell an item, I really don't think you have a telephone problem (yet).
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Doug Rose

Thank you all for you kind words on my phone room. No problems can find me in here. It is my escape from real world. You will usually find me in here a few hours before I call it a day with a good book and some good music on the stereo. Tom Petty's Live Box set is whats been playing the past few weeks in here, after bumping the Beatles Box set off. The view is pretty special as well.....Doug
Kidphone

Dennis Markham

Doug, you better reinforce the windows so the snow doesn't push its way inside.

Kenny C

Doug,
Great collection!!!!!!!! is that blue manual 302 on the bottom painted?
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Craig T

Doug Rose

Quote from: Kennyc1955 on January 20, 2011, 08:06:30 PM
Doug,
Great collection!!!!!!!! is that blue manual 302 on the bottom painted?
Kenny...the Manual Blue 302 is a Painted Metal set and the color is a dead ringer for a blue thermoplastic set. This was done by Mark Scola as was the Old Brass 302 metal set next to it. These are just amazing phones. Mark does such a great job painting. They came out so nice, you rub your fingers over the paint, you cannot tell if its plastic or paint. I always told Mark he should go into business refurbing phones...Doug
Kidphone

Kenny C

I love that color blue. I may get me one someday.
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Tom B

Hey Doug
I could have a phone collection like that, but I'd have to get divorced first ;)
Or spend the rest of my life enduring THE LOOK :o
Tom