News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Telephone power toggle switch.

Started by Greg G., June 18, 2012, 01:01:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg G.

The power toggle switch the Seattle Communications Museum hooked up to the 49r while I was tinkering with it is something I could really use in my arsenal of phone tinkering tools.  If there's something similar on the market that would work, I don't know what to search for.  I'm not adept at trying to make my own, don't have time anyway.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Phonesrfun

Greg

I left before they brought out this switch.  Is it just an RJ-11 jack with a swtich to turn it on and off?

I could easily make one for you.

-Bill
-Bill G

twocvbloke

All you'd really need is a DPST (Double-Pole, Single-Throw) switch if it's for two wire phones, just wire it between the line and the socket... :)

Greg G.

Quote from: Phonesrfun on June 18, 2012, 12:04:49 PM
Greg

I left before they brought out this switch.  Is it just an RJ-11 jack with a swtich to turn it on and off?

I could easily make one for you.

-Bill

I believe so, I didn't examine it very closely, but it had a toggle switch and a mod end cord.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Phonesrfun

I'll make one up and send it to you.
-Bill G

Greg G.

- Mike Row
e