News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Observe CAUTION when entering the TCI library!

Started by G-Man, October 30, 2012, 08:53:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

G-Man

Observe CAUTION  when entering the TCI library!

It's been hacked and an Arabic type of webpage has taken its place. I don't know if anything malicious is attached to it or not

paul-f

The TCI Library seems to be a favorite for hackers.  Fortunately, they've been content to replace the home page so far.  The admins are getting good at restoring it.

When this happens, please report it to:
  repository@telephonecollectors.info
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Bill

Paul -

Is the site safe yet? If not, will let us know when it is back?

Bill

paul-f

I believe all is well with the Library.  The only problem we found so far this time is the home page, and it has been restored.

The administrators have been impacted by travel schedules and power outages due to Hurricane Sandy, so haven't been on as much as usual.  We rely on user reports to help us find problem areas. Volunteers are always welcome to help us with ongoing Library expansion and improvement projects.  Email me to sign up.

As always, please report any suspicious behavior on the TCI Library site to repository@telephonecollectors.info

Messages sent there go directly into the administrators' in boxes, and are the fastest way to get our attention.

The web site managers are working with our host and are evaluating stronger security measures to hopefully stop a greater percentage of these attacks in the future.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Babybearjs

why would anyone want to ruin a library? makes no sense to me....
John