News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Part of my phone collection

Started by Steve K, March 24, 2009, 11:54:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve K

Late last summer I decided to build a new shed to house my vintage color television collection.  I am finally done with the interior and starting to move stuff in.  This forum renewed my 35 year old interest in phones so I decided to display some of them in the new shed.  Unfortunately I will need to get rid of some of the radio collection as this place is already full!  I have included a picture of the shelves I put up today with a few on my phones.  The other picture is of the entrance way that has a few phones along with some of my teletype equipment.  I don't have any of the colored 302s and 202s on display yet.  I might put some of these in the house.  I took inventory the other day and I now have 152 telephones.  This has to stop!

Steve

Dan/Panther

That's a nice set up, you have an entire shed set up just for the phones, radios and T.V's. What type T.V.'s do you have ?
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Steve K

Dan:

I have two CT-100s, a 21CT55, CTC-4, CTC-5, CTC-7, CTC-10, Col-R-Tel, and various black & white sets.

Steve

Dan/Panther

McHeath

Great collection!  152 phones eh?  Looks like a few more could be squeezed in. ;D

Dennis Markham

Steve, very nice set up, very nice collection!

BDM

Steve, very nice. Are you part of ARF?
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

Steve K

Thanks guys!

D/P:

Neither CT-100 is for sale at this time.  One is actually in Wisconsin the other here in California.  If you are looking for one they are out there.  The one here I got two years ago from a guy in Oregon and it was free.  I am lucky in that both sets have good CRTs.  RCA supposedly built 5000 of those.  I know of one destroyed in a flood and one destroyed in a fire but I think that the remaining 4998 are still extant.  The real rare one is the 21CT55.

BDM:

Yes, I am on ARF and also AudioKarma, Nostalgia Air and Philco Phorum.

Steve

BDM

Judging by the pic, I would say obviously ;)
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

Dan/Panther

Steve;
I found out that one was given away in the town I live in Anza, Population about 5000, to a guy in San Diego. The T.V. was less than 2 miles from me, and I found out about it on Audio karma.
That was a real Heartbreaker.
What really bothered me, was to find out it wasn't the huys first set, but apparently he has several of them. >:(
D/P

AET

If I had that many vintage electronics, I wouldn't be saying it has to stop, I'd be saying I'm just getting started hahahaa.  VERY impressive collection.
- Tom

mienaichizu

Great! you have lots of nice items in there