News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Lifestyle of the Retro and Vintage

Started by AET, February 17, 2009, 10:56:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Cahill

Speaking of drugs. I have three nearly full bottles of home remedy medicines from turn of the century. Two were sold By Sears Reubock.
Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

AET

Boy, it seems like all of us just have a little bit of everything, eh?
- Tom

Bill Cahill

And, the crazy thing is I picked those up at an antique shop in Detroit at about the age of 18.
I also had a chance then, and, passed up, to buy 3 full bottles of Coca Cola from the 50's. They were still sealed with their original cap.
This was before that company started reproducing vintage bottles, mind you...
Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

AET

That's another thing I found in the basement of the old drug store we owned.  Had cases of bottles of Coca-Cola, only one full one however.  All dated ranging from the WWII era to the mid 50's.  Found a great wood Pepsi Case, a Kurth Beer one with about 6 bottles with their original labels, and a full case of unopened Pabst Tonic bottles (old remedy) from the 30's or very early 40's in the original cardboard container!
- Tom

Bill Cahill

Have you got any bottles, empty, or, full, for Uptown soda pop from Detroit?
I am looking for them, and, also, the old Faygo bottles.
Bill RCahill

Remember this commercial?
"I'm from Milwaukee, and, I oughta know, it's Pabst, Pabst Pabst, Pabst, wherever you go....."

Or, this sung line from the Uptown pop commercial.
Sung: "Drink it up, up, up, with Uptown. Drink it up, up, up, with Uptown"
said: "If you're too pooped to participate,'
sung: 'Drink it up, up, up, with uptown....."
;D

AET

I don't have any Faygo or Uptowns, but I will keep an eye out for you. 

That commercial (though I don't remember it when it was new, since I am only of a 1990 vintage) was a Blatz Commercial.  They even used Liberace (a Milwaukee native) in the ads.  Another neat item I have is a Blatz bottle beleived to be the first one.  For those who don't know, "Blatz is Milwaukee's First bottled beer"  It was found during building on the site during the 1940s and was used in the ad.  I have the ad, the bottle, the ID tag for the bottle from the brewery and other provenence.
- Tom

Bill Cahill

Hmmm. Mehbe my memory isn't as good as I thought......
:( :o Bill Cahill