and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Auction 110: Rare Stromberg Carlson Orchid 1212 "FATBOY"

Started by TelePlay, January 15, 2014, 09:37:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

old_stuff_hound

WAG -- $1798

----------------------

EDIT:  I put you in at $1,813.00, half way between the guesses on each side of that number

Kenton K

TelePlay

Wow, 5 bids by 5 bidders over 3 days and it's still only at $29. Either this is going to be an exciting last 2 days, or final snipe, on this phone or it may be the most colossal failure of a contest candidate ever. And, it's only $3 more than the now infamous JYDSK phone, which, by the way, picked up two more offers (9 total now) within the past day.

WesternElectricBen

You guys know,

This is being sold by Pete B. a phone collector, who restored it, and did a great job. Last year in Lancaster (2013) he talked about it with me, but sadly he did not sell it. So I guess here he is to sell it, again, if only I could remember the price he wanted for it.

Ben

TelePlay

Well, that was a bit painful but the reserve was met and the auction closed with another last second snipe raising the price from $400 to $461.99 within the last 5 seconds of the action. The auction saw 7 bidders placing 8 bids and the winner is Kenton K whose 15th guess of the contest, and the lowest at $600, was the best guess for this orchid Fatboy.

As winner of Auction Contest #110, Kenton K moves up to 2 wins in the contest standings. You have to play to win to move up as I always say when posting a new contest. Congratulations go out to him for taking the step on his way to the top.

Check out the updated Contest Standings to see who's who through 110 contests.