News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Magnolia Car Show 2015

Started by Greg G., August 11, 2015, 12:20:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg G.

One of my routes ends in the Magnolia neighborhood of Seattle.  Last Saturday was their annual car show.  I snapped a few pics of my favorites.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

WEBellSystemChristian

Beautiful cars!

That green Model A sure looks classy; nothing beats original!!
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Phonesrfun

I love car shows.  We have a large one in my town every September..... Coming right up.
-Bill G

19and41

I love car shows and car show pics!  Thanks for sharing!  Don't see too many LaSalles these days!
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

Greg G.

Here's a close up of the straight 8 engine.  I heard that S8s had problems with the block warping over time.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

HarrySmith

I believe it was the cylinder head with built in exhaust manifold built into it that was easily warped,  not so much the block,
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

WEBellSystemChristian

Wow, a Straight Eight. Never heard of that one before! Probably not the most brilliant idea ever space-wise...
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

19and41

That is one of the reasons that the high price cars had such long front ends.  Buick ran straight eight engines into the fifties.  At the time this imperial was built, Cadillac and Lincoln offered V-12's.
— Arthur C. Clarke

Greg G.

Quote from: HarrySmith on August 12, 2015, 10:32:10 PM
I believe it was the cylinder head with built in exhaust manifold built into it that was easily warped,  not so much the block,

I'm sure you're right, I only remember they had problems, something to do with the engine twisting.
- Mike Row
e

andre_janew

I've heard that the crankshaft on the straight 8 engines sometimes got twisted out of shape.  It had something to do with the length of the crankshaft and the torque it had to endure.

19and41

— Arthur C. Clarke

Mr. Bones

Pontiac also had a Straight 8, I helped my friend Jeff re-construct much of the woodwork on his '48 iirc 'Woodie' long ago. (late '70's) :o 8)

Here's some Reference Info : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pontiac_Straight-8_engine

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus