News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Market finds

Started by Keith.p, April 13, 2013, 02:46:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keith.p

They are all market finds, the most expensive was the German phone £22.
The German one is untouched original and works, I think, the Geco was a PAX phone and I am trying to convert it to use, with not much success, the green BT phone should be blue and the white BT phone is perfect, Just lucky I only pay about a fiver a phone.
I will probably just keep with what I have until I can get the good ones working.
I did ask for some technical help before, but none was forthcoming.

twocvbloke

The Concorde blue GPO 746 looks like a good project, just the thing for a Retr0bright, treatment to return it to it's original blue... :)

As for that PAX phone, you went a tad quiet on that, I was wondering if you tried fitting it with the guts from a 162 or 232 to get it functional, as without a PAX to hook it up to it'd be hard to get it to work in it's original state... :)

Keith.p

I may give the Retr0bright a go on the green/blue phone.
The work so far on the Gecophone, I need to add another bell and capacitor.

twocvbloke

I just noticed it's a 706, not a 746, didn't take a good look at it properly!!! :D

As for the Gecophone, get yourself a GPO bellset No. 26, that contains the bells and capacitor for the ringer, and is matched to the 162 & 232 models, especially if they're in the pyramid base shell, such as this one:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261200304336

(the 59A in the description refers to the ringer, rather than the complete bellset)

Then all is complete... :D

John S

nice haul of phones.....

John

Keith.p

Thanks John.
706f, if that makes any difference, can I use the parts out of the 164 phone, its not in the best condition externally, I only got it for parts.