News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Bell Canada Exhibition - Montreal, QC. - From February 2017 until January 2018

Started by Ktownphoneco, October 22, 2016, 10:41:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ktownphoneco

For forum members who might be interested in seeing a very interesting collection of Canadian telecommunications equipment from the past, Bell Canada is planning to present an exhibition of telephones, and telephone related equipment in the City of Montreal, Quebec, from February 2017, until January 2018.      The existence of Bell Canada Archives is not all that well known in the telephone collectors community, the fact that they possess an extensive antique telephone collection from the past, is even less known, even here in Canada.
I'm under the impression that the last time it was displayed, was the world's fair in Montreal, in 1967.    The exhibit is expected to display 250 items, plus archival photographs, documents and films.
The exhibit is being produced in partnership with "  Pointe-à-Callière, the Montréal Archaeology and History Complex".     For our American members, a trip to Montreal to visit the exhibition, could be a financial bargain, with the U.S. dollar worth $1.33 Canadian, with no significant change expected in the next 6 to 10 months.

For more information, follow this link to the on-line web page for the event :      https://pacmusee.qc.ca/en/exhibitions/detail/hello-montreal-bell-s-historical-collections/

Have a great weekend !

Jeff Lamb

AE_Collector

Thanks for the heads up. It isn't too likely that we will be back east but you never know. That is one more reason to plan a trip.  Terry

Stubbypylon

Jeff thanks for pointing this out.  I'll definitely make the trip to see it.
Craig Stanowski

Fabius

I will also try to go next summer. I live near an Amtrak station which will take me to Detroit. Then get on VIA (Canadian National Passenger Service) in Windsor. Hopefully there is direct service to Montreal.
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

Ktownphoneco

Tom   ....    FYI, depending on your meaning of the word direct, there is direct service from Windsor to Montreal, but you need to change trains at Union Station in Toronto.    Same thing on the way back.      Windsor to Montreal is about 557 miles, and an 11 to 12 hour trip by train, which includes the stop to change trains in Toronto.

Jeff Lamb   

Fabius

Quote from: Ktownphoneco on October 24, 2016, 12:12:06 PM
Tom   ....    FYI, depending on your meaning of the word direct, there is direct service from Windsor to Montreal, but you need to change trains at Union Station in Toronto.    Same thing on the way back.      Windsor to Montreal is about 557 miles, and an 11 to 12 hour trip by train, which includes the stop to change trains in Toronto.

Jeff Lamb

Thanks for the info. Now I have to check times. Don't want to be in Detroit at 2 in the AM
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905