News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Just an Observation

Started by Doug Rose, November 24, 2013, 09:22:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Contempra

You can see where i'm from in my profile...I beleive that all here know where I'm from.. it's easy David i'm the only one who speak and write a bad English :D

Sargeguy

QuoteYou can see where i'm from in my profile...I beleive that all here know where I'm from.. it's easy David i'm the only one who speak and write a bad English

Your not the olny one
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

twocvbloke

Contempra

That's why I love you all on this forum... you can correct me anytime and you understand me. :D

WEBellSystemChristian

I have my name in my username and my signature.
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Contempra

hard to forget your name because I have a cousin with the same name as you Christian :D

Sargeguy

Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Nick in Manitou

Years ago, during the CB radio craze in the 1970s, I tried NOT using a "handle" because I figured I would rather use my real name.

I quickly found that no one would remember "Nick"...but when I started using "Saint Nick" everyone remembered!

I have no problem with just using our actual names, but I do feel that in many cases it is easier to recall a catchy handle than it is to remember a common name.

Nick
(In Manitou...now in Columbus)

WEBellSystemChristian

Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Doug Rose

thanks Christian....I do appreciate you doing that....Doug
Kidphone

Greg G.

I use a handle mostly because it's an ingrained habit left over from when I first got online using an XT and a 2400 baud modem to access Bulletin Boards.  Most sites ask for (and recommend) selecting a user name that's different from your real name.  Besides, I grow weary of being called "George".

Greg (not George) Goebel
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e