News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

150GJC

Started by poplar1, August 23, 2013, 10:35:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

poplar1

This phone is labeled Automatic Electric 150GJC and is from an Autelco Box. The dial and handset are WE. It has a curved hook. Apparently, Autelco didn't have any blank WE number plates.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330991657276
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

WesternElectricBen

Wow! That's really nice!
Ben

G-Man

There are both Automatic Electric Practices and catalogs in the TCI Library showing payphones that A.E. manufactured with Western Electric components such as 5-type dials, 101 induction coils, handsets etc.

I seem to recall that AECo models 62 and 92 also use WECo parts.

It's interesting that the schematics in those A.E. Practices use WECo symbols for the dials, induction coils, handsets, etc.

Russ62

Hi,  This is the model I've been trying to find a copy of the original factory schematic/wiring diagram. I bought some parts to these from well known payphone collectors on Ebay, but they didn't have any schematics available. They'r different from the Bell System and later A.E schematics posted online.                Russ   

G-Man

Those who are scanning for the TCI Library have huge piles of documents to scan and may not yet have gotten around to scanning this particular practice.

Out of curiosity, what are the differences that you have noted between the schematics for the Automatic Electric payphones using Western Electric components that shown in the TCI Library and this model?

Quote from: Russ62 on August 23, 2013, 08:43:01 PM
Hi,  This is the model I've been trying to find a copy of the original factory schematic/wiring diagram. I bought some parts to these from well known payphone collectors on Ebay, but they didn't have any schematics available. They'r different from the Bell System and later A.E schematics posted online.                Russ   

G-Man

Here is a schematic for another model of AECo paystation that uses a Western Electric handset, dial, and induction coil for you to compare the differences between your payphone and this model. It may help us to i.d. which model you have.

Russ62

Hi, All the Gray or AE. 150 series payphones used separate subsets like a 202 or 151AL deskstand. They all originally contained a 9 terminal long wood strips with markings for the subset wires and terms.either marked REC/REC for the hand reciever for front mounted transmitter model 150G or the much more common on ebay 9 term strip which has markings R/BK/W for the wires of the F handset for model 150GJ, still for use with separate subset. which is what i have. Ironically the original schematic will probably also show an alternative hook up for separate rec/ trans phones, making the most common wood strip even more useful for collectors on a budget lke me reconstructing early payphones that have been modernized by companies like SaskTel such as the ones marked 150-GJ-55 in silver paint commonly found on Ebay.         Russ