News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Old Bi-Fold Door Phone Booth

Started by ghastert, January 12, 2015, 02:40:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghastert

The phone booth came out of San Diego Int'l Airport and has signage reading "Bell System phone".  Phone has plate that reads "Northern Electric Co Ltd., Made in Canada".  It works but no one uses it.  I need the phone line for a phone purchased for my senile husband for Christmas.  Can I cut the line, add a standard phone connector and use on home phone?  Will I get a bad shock? 

Respectfully,

Gayle

HarrySmith

Sorry, I am not understanding the question. You will not get a shock from The phone line unless the phone is ringing. Do you want to put a different phone in the booth?
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

ghastert

My husband no longer recognizes his kids' names and doesn't remember how to use phone.  Daughter bought him a Future Call Picture Care Phone that will display their pictures.  The phonebooth phone line is beige and about 5mm in diameter.  I was asking if I could clip that line and add what appears to be called a RJ11C plug.  Or is this something I need to call a professional for?  I do appreciate your efforts in my behalf.

HarrySmith

So you need to put a different phone on that line?
The line at 5MM sounds more like a cable for multiple lines. Can you follow the cable? Where does it terminate?
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Dan/Panther

You say the phone came from San Diego airport. I live just North of San Diego. If you are close, maybe I could check it out for you.
PM with direction if to live in the area of Temecula.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson