News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Dialgizmo dilemma

Started by Zack C, September 10, 2014, 10:18:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zack C

Needing some help here if anyone can advise. The last firmware update by Comcast has rendered my 4 rotary phones as not being able to dial out. They can't break the dial tone. So Comcast technical guy comes out and says they will have to seek higher level assistance. Realizing that will not go anywhere since they have not called me in 2 weeks I have written them off. Ok here comes my real problem.... I just received my dialgizmo gadget and it works great for my AE model 40, also a candlestick with a ringer subset, but my 102 (no subset) and my AE 3 slot pay phone will not disconnect from a call when the gizmo is on the line. I immediately came to realize when it is plugged in for either of these 2 phones immediately it is as though the handset is off the cradle. Please note before the last firmware update all the phones operated as they should. Any ideas?

twocvbloke

Completely unrelated, but, the picture made me think of a Monty Python song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpYW1zr-XDA

;D

Kenton K

There might be a voltage path through the telephones when they are on hook that makes it seem like they are off hook. You said the 102 has no ringer box? What about the payphone? I would recommend rigging up a ringer box from some old 500/302 parts and seeing if that solves the problem.

Ken

Zack C

Thanks, yes I have been wanting to get a ringer box for the 102. Would be a good time to try it. Thank you

Zack C

I tried the YouTube link for the Montypython unfortunately it says the video is not available in the US.  :(

twocvbloke

Quote from: Zack C on September 12, 2014, 04:49:12 PM

I tried the YouTube link for the Montypython unfortunately it says the video is not available in the US.  :(

Silly anti-freedom laws, worked for some people I know in Canada...  :-\

Try this one, if not, find the Monty Python Contractual Obligation Album, Track 22:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttF7fe7J96w

;D